Love:23

Zach: 

I smiled brightly when my flight landed in Los Angeles. I called an Uber and got a ride home. Corbyn, Jonah, and Daniel were home already. Jack said he'd be here in an hour.

I paid the Uber Driver and hopped out of the car in front of the Why Don't We house. I turned and saw Deja's house. Her little Christmas lights were on. I hadn't seen her in a week and a half and I missed her like crazy. I stared at her window for a few seconds before I saw her appear at her window. We made eye contact and she smiled. I smiled back and waved. 

One second she mouthed. She disappeared and came back with her phone. I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I checked it and smiled before answering her call.

"Welcome back!" She smiled.

"I'm happy to be back!"

"I know you love me, but do you have to stare at my window?" She asked. "Kidding. Stare at my window all you want."

"I wasn't staring at your window."

"Then how did you know my Christmas lights were on?"

"Because I saw them through your window-"

"Ha! You were staring at my window!" I laughed realizing she tricked me into confessing I was staring at her window.

"You wanna hang? We're all free today!" I suggested.

"Can't. I have homework to finish before Jayden picks me up," she said. "Well, he'll pick me up when Jack gets here."

"Oh..."

"Sorry, I would love to hang out with you some other time though."

"I hope we can hang out some other time."

"Me too." She smiled. "I'll talk to you later, I'm gonna go finish my homework."

"You do that."

"Bye, Zach."

"Bye, Deja." She smiled and hung up the phone before waving and pulling her curtains shut.

Great. She pulled her curtains shut. She must think I'm some over obsessed freak who likes to stare into the windows of girl I like. 

I mentally smacked myself before making my way into the house.

"Zach!" Jonah yelled tackling me. "How are you, buddy?"

"I'm great dude! I missed you guys!" I yelled dragging my suitcase along the wooden floor. "Have you talked to Deja yet?"

"Yeah, I had to drop off a basketball jersey from her old teammates. Did you?"

"Yeah, we just talked outside, but she had to go finish homework."

"Cool."

We all began talking and caught up on what we missed out on. It felt like I hadn't seen them in an eternity. I felt happy to see them even though it'd only been a week and a half since we were all apart and we all texted each other.

"Honey, I'm home!" Jack yelled bursting through the front door.

We all laughed as he ran over dragging his suitcase. He flopped on top of Jonah and me's legs.

"Welcome home, babe. I missed you," Jonah said like a girl while trying to kiss Jack's forehead.

"Ew!" Jack yelled pushing Jonah's face away and shot off the couch leaving us laughing as he sat on the floor.

"That's what you get for laying your heavy self on my legs!"

Jack rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

He got up and walked over to the door.