Promise Me No Promises:10

Zach:

I felt the bright sun against my skin. I woke up and began getting ready. I woke up before my alarm again which really pissed me off.

"So, Zach... You think about dating yet?" Jonah asked.

"Nah..." I lied. I've thought about dating millions of girls.

"Liar."

"I'm not lying!" I lied again.

"Yeah, you are. You're pink cheeks get pinker when you lie." I covered my cheeks. Jonah rolled his eyes and pulled his shirt over his head. "Why haven't you dated anyone yet?"

"Question is, why haven't you? You're 19."

"Because I'm waiting for that special girl. One who I know won't hurt me, but love me for me. I'm waiting for a girl who will look past my face, my fame, the money I make. That girl who will look past all of the materialistic things in this life and look at me." He said. I nodded my head.

"That's really deep, Jonah. I never knew you felt that way about girls." He shrugged.

"Deja taught me that you gotta love someone for more than what you see. She taught me that if you truly love someone with all your heart, they'll make you feel something different, something special." I sat on the edge of my bed and listened to him. "They make you feel like as long as you got that person by your side, the impossible is possible."

"You got someone who makes you feel that way?" I asked.

"Not yet, but I know I'm gonna find her someday."

"How will you know, she's the one?"

"She'll make me feel like I can do the impossible," He said getting up. "Okay, enough with this love talk, let's go."

I laughed and got up. I finished getting ready and we walked downstairs. The other guys were all eating breakfast. I looked around for Jack.

"Where's Jack?" I asked.

"Deja..." Corbyn and Daniel with mouthfuls of cereal. I nodded.

"Doing what?" Jonah asked grabbing bowls for both of us.

"He said something about getting breakfast together, I don't know." Daniel stuffed his mouth with more cereal.

"No, he said he was gonna eat breakfast at her house," Corbyn corrected. "I think they're like Lowkey dating or at least they have a thing with each other."

"Nah, Deja likes someone else and trust me he is not Jack," Jonah said.

"Who?" I asked.

"No one..." Jonah grabbed his cereal and sat down. I rolled my eyes and did the same.

Jack walked into the house after a few minutes.

"Bye, love!" Deja's voice called.

"Bye!" Jack yelled laughing. He laughed another few seconds before blowing kisses out the door. He shook his head and closed the door.

"Are you guys dating?!" Daniel yelled out of nowhere. We all stopped and looked at him. "I wanna know!"

"We're not dating..." Jack rolled his eyes and sat down on the couch.

"Well do you guys have like a thing?" Corbyn asked.

"Nope," Jack just shrugged. "We're just friends."

"Then why does she call you love?" I asked.

"Because we're best friends." He groaned and got up. "Plus, she doesn't like me."