Homecoming pt.2:31

Jayden: 

"She's perfect, I love her..." I said smiling as Deja talked to a girl named Chloe.

"We know Jayden," Tony said rolling his eyes. Chris yawned.

"This is lame, we should be up dancing!" Chris said flopping onto Tony.

"Let's wait for Deja..."

"Come on! Live a little! Deja's not gonna leave you!" Tony yelled. "You're so overly attached to her! We don't even know who you are anymore!"

"What do you mean? I hang out with you guys all the time still!"

"No, you don't! You don't even come to Watch Stupid YouTube Videos Wednesdays!" Chris yelled.

"You wanna know why you don't come to Watch Stupid YouTube Videos Wednesdays?" Tony asked. "Because you're always  with Deja!"

"That's not true guys. I'm not always with Deja."

"Yeah, but when you aren't with her, you're doing your homework or playing football!"

"You guys, Deja, and football are very important to me!" I snapped. "Don't you guys get it? I haven't had a girlfriend since the eighth grade! You know how many times you guys ditched me for your past girlfriends!? But did I ever complain? No! Because I was happy that my two best friends were happy! I helped you guys toilet paper Ashley's house because she cheated on Chris! We could've gotten into so much trouble that night, but I did it because you guys are my best friends! Why can't you guys be happy for me? You guys are always doubting and saying Deja's going to cheat on me or hurt me but is she really? Come on guys, I thought we'd be a lot better than that. I know I rarely hang out with you guys anymore, but do you know why? Because Deja's been helping me with my homework! That's the truth. That's the only reason I was able to play the last few games. My only a junior girlfriend helped me with homework that she hasn't even attempted to do yet! I'm a loser okay?! My girlfriend helps me with my homework and my mom still does my laundry for me because I'm still scared of the stupid noises that come from the washing machine when I go into the basement! I still have stupid nightmares after I watch scary movies! I'm a loser! But I'm a loser with friends who I thought understood me."

"We're-" Tony started.

"Save it."

I looked around and saw that there was a group of kids around us just watching and listening to me argue with Tony and Chris. I looked through the group of kids and saw Deja just staring at me. She was standing there with her hands in front of her and a sorry look on her face.

"Excuse me..." I cleared my throat and exited through the gym doors that led outside. I walked out and sat on the curb where garbage trucks would come to pick up garbage. No one really sits back here, but it's the best place to think minus the smell and the dirty ground.

"Mind if I join you?" I turned and saw Deja smiling. I just shrugged and she walked over and sat down beside me.

"Deja, your dress. You're gonna get it dirty."

"I could care less." I laughed a little. "Are you okay?"

"I don't know," I said looking down at the dirty curb. "I feel like a loser."

"You are a loser," Deja said. I pushed her shoulder a little. "But you're my loser."

"That'd be cute if I didn't have to stay a loser."

"You're my loser and my loser doesn't simp over being a loser."

"I'm not sad."

"Yeah, you are."