Breaking Point:51

Deja: 

Jayden wasn't home. He decided to go and visit his parents. I could tell that he missed them and he wanted to go and live them again, but he couldn't stand his brother which I totally understood. The little meeting we had a week ago still had me hurting. I said so many things that I never I was going to say.

I sat on my bed and watched YouTube videos. I was on that one depressing side of YouTube again. The part you get by clicking random videos and you're sitting there at 2 in the morning questioning life and you can't remember how you even got there. Yeah, I was there. I checked the time it was 10 and Jayden still wasn't home. I began to worry. I called him and he didn't answer.

I heard knocking on my window and I looked over to a smiling noodlehead. I walked over and opened the window. He flopped in and Hashbrown began licking his face.

"Hey," I said. 

"Hello!" He smiled and sat across from me on my bed. "How are you?"

"I'm ok..." He looked at me with eyes that meant he was worried.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I said.

"Don't lie. Because behind every 'I'm Ok' is a girl screaming 'I'm Broken'."

"What?" He grabbed a sticky note off my desk and a pen. He wrote something on the sticky note.

I'M brOKen it read on the sticky note. I looked up at him.

"Is it really that noticeable?" I asked. He nodded.

"You wanna know what I realized?" He asked.

"What?"

"You're not the same Deja that I met over the summer," He said. "The Deja I met over the summer came with a frown on her face and a deep hatred for everything, but somehow she learned to smile. But that smile is slowly fading and she's breaking again..."

"So what?"

"I wanna fix it."

"You can't fix something that started off broken," I said. He looked at me with caring eyes before placing his hand on my cheek and rubbing it with his thumb. We looked into each other's eyes and for the first time since the summer, we spoke without moving our lips.

Jack knew everything about me. He didn't need me to tell him for him to know what I was feeling. He just knew it and he felt it.

We sat there for a couple of minutes.

He then quickly removed his hand from my cheek and just stared at me. He parted his lips to say something but quickly shut his mouth again.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," He said.

"Tell me," I said. "Why are you being weird all of a sudden?"

"You'll hate me if I say it..."

"What are you talking about?"

"Deja..."

"Jack?"

"You're in love with Zach..." I felt myself stop breathing for a second. He looked into my eyes as if he was reading my soul. "Deja... are you in love with Zach still?"

"No," I said. "Yes, I don't know anymore!"

"Explain," he said.

"I- I can't."

"What do you mean, you can't?" He asked.

"I thought I knew my feelings, but I just don't anymore..."