Homecoming:30

Deja: 

"Jayden is going to die when he sees you in that dress," Jonah said.

"Like, yaaaassss!" Jack screamed. 

Jonah and Jack sat on my bed and watched me get ready.

"You're not going in a group?" Jack asked.

"I am. It's me, Jayden, Tony, and Chris," I explained. They both nodded with confused looks on their faces.

"Should I straighten or curl my hair?"

"You should straighten your hair, you look really pretty with straight hair..." Jack smiled.

"Jack, you've never seen me with straightened hair," I said rolling my eyes.

"Which gives you another reason why you should straighten your hair!" Jack said excitedly. "You're so great at making decisions."

I sighed and grabbed my straightener. I plugged it in and set it down to heat it up.

"Deja!" My dad called from downstairs.

"Yes, dad?"

"Come here, please!"

"I'll be right back." I got up and left the room.

I walked down the stairs and saw my dad holding the dress Jack and I bought. 

"Is this your dress?" He asked. 

"Yeah," I said. He smiled. 

"It's beautiful!"

"Thank you."

"I can't wait to see you in it!" He smiled brightly and kissed my forehead. "Are you excited about tonight?"

"I'm very excited."

"Did you and Jayden not plan any daytime activities?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I told Jayden that we should just wait and see each other when he picks me up. So we're avoiding all communication until he gets here tonight."

"I bet he's suffering and wants to call you."

"I want to call him." 

He laughed and shook his head kissing my forehead again before making his way up the stairs. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion before following him. I walked upstairs and back to my room where Jack and Jonah sat quietly on their phones.

"I'm back!" I ran over to my mirror and sat back down. I continued to get ready.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"It's 5."

"Jayden is picking me up at 7!" I quickly began to straighten my hair. I burnt finger causing me to squeal and drop the straightener. I squirmed around on the floor as Jonah and Jack laughed at me. "Stop---laughing!" I yelped in pain.

They continued to laugh hysterically. Just then there was a knock at the door. It was Bridget's friends.

"What do you want?" I asked sitting up.

"Bridget asked if you checked on your dress lately..." They all had smirks on their faces.

"No, why?"

"You might wanna check on it," Olivia said. They all walked out of my room laughing. I looked over at Jack before running down the stairs to where my dad set the dress earlier.

It wasn't there on the couch. It was on Bridget.

"What are you doing?" I asked. She looked up at me.