Just Friends:45

Deja:

I sat on my bed and stared at the picture of Jayden and I. It was all over Instagram and I was receiving multiple DMs about it.

When I told Jayden about it, he just smiled and said he could care less whether or not people knew we were dating and said it wouldn't change the way he felt about me.

So, after building enough courage, I posted a picture of Jayden and I on Instagram. There was a lot of positive feedback and lots of girls were fangirling over how cute he was.

I just smiled and read through comments. I didn't tag Jayden and I told him not to comment anything because I didn't want anyone to bug him.

It was about 6:30pm. My dad was working late again and most of this week had been busy. Bridget and Brianna were gone as usual. So, I was home alone with Hashbrown.

Jayden and Chloe were both busy and so were the rest of my friends. I was starting to get bored of doing nothing all the time.

It looked like there was going to be a storm tonight by the looks of the grayish clouds in the sky.

I walked downstairs and made myself some cereal. I sat down on the couch and watched Cheetah Girls. I laughed and sang along to all of the songs.

About an hour had past of me binge watching Disney movies and I was still home alone. I began feeling paranoid and thought that I wasn't alone in the house and any second now, zombies would burst through the pantry.

I grabbed a bag of Ruffles and ate them while continuing to watch movies.

There was a knock at the door and I got up to answer the door.

Zach stood in front of my door. He looked horrible. It seemed like he hadn't slept or showered in days. His eyes were droopy.

"I am so sorry," He said about to cry.

I pulled him in for a hug. He cried into my shoulder.

"Zach," I said. "Stop crying," I whispered.

"But I feel bad!" He continued to sob. I softly rubbed his back. "I tried ignoring you and getting you out of my life, but I can't forget how I went wrong."

"It's fine," I said.

"I'm sorry," He said again.

"Zach, it's okay." I pulled away and placed my hands on his rosy cheeks that were stained with tears.

"I'm sorry," He whispered again. "I didn't mean to kiss you like that and I never meant to hurt you, ever. I'm sorry for all the times that I hurt you and did anything to make you feel less than perfect because you're perfect and I'm an idiot for not seeing that."

I pulled him in for another hug.

"It's okay, Zach. I was angry, but I'm over that."

"And I promise. I promise, that I'm over you. Jayden's a lucky guy and he deserves you. I just wanna be friends again and I wanna go back to what is was like before the summer ended."

"Me too," I said. There was a little breeze and it felt cold, so I invited him in and shut the door.

We sat across from each other on the couch. We didn't talk, we just stared at each other.

"Do you want to marry him?" He asked.

"Who?"

"Jayden. Do you wanna marry Jayden?"

"Of course, I do."

He sat there quietly.

"I'm sorry," he said again.