Jayden Lee:78

Deja: 

"Deja, I'm gonna be late!" Jayden yelled grabbing his football gear. "I'm just gonna go!"

"Drive safely!" I yelled while trying to get Jay dressed for school. "Hold still, Jayden."

"My name is Jay," he said. I sighed.

"Whatever, Jay. Hold still." I heard the door slam shut. 

"Mommy, does daddy ever not want to play football?" 

"Daddy lives for football, baby."

"Mommy, I'm 6." I rolled my eyes.

A/N: Deja is 22 if your wondering. Still pretty young to get married ;) 

"How did you and daddy meet?" He asked.

"Jay, you're going to be late for school."

"I'm already late, mommy. Might as well not go."

"You have to go to school."

"But I'm sick," he said pretending to cough.

"I guess you have to drink your nasty grape medicine then..."

He shook his head as I continued to do his hair. "I just wanna hear the story of how you and daddy met."

"Well, mommy moved here and she ended up finding uncle Jonah."

"I love Uncle Jonah and Uncle JackJack. And Uncle Danny and CorBEAN!" He smiled brightly.

"And I fell in love with this guy..."

"Daddy?" I shook my head. "What?"

"His name was Zach. And I loved him so much, but we were just never meant for each other. We were constantly hurting each other-"

"He punched you mommy?!"

"No, we hurt each other's feelings and broke each other's hearts." He nodded. "And while I was in love with him, he was in love with aunt Bridget-"

"Aunt Bitch-et?" I covered his mouth.

"Who taught you that?!" I asked laughing a bit.

"What? What's wrong!" He asked. "I heard Uncle Jack say it!"

I shook my head. "Don't say anything Uncle Jack says." I laughed. He nodded

"But why did he love her?" He asked.

"Because she was beautiful and mommy... Mommy was okay..."

"Mommy is beautiful," he said kissing my cheek.

"And so he dated her and they were in love. And when I was in pain, daddy came along and he loved me and I loved him."

"What happened to the other dude?"

"He hangs out with your uncles."

"Will I meet him?" He asked.

"I don't know, baby..." I said helping him put on his backpack straps.

"Do you still love him?"

"I love daddy with all my heart."

"But do you still love him?"

"You're late for school, Jay. Let's go."

...

"You know Hashbrown, I'm actually really happy right now." Hashbrown just curled up to my side and quietly snored.

I sighed and stared at the clock waiting for 3:20 so that I could go pick Jay up. The house is always so lonely with no one here.

Jayden: