We Meet Again:79

A/N: There's a part of this chapter that I edited because I knew that some of the VERY first readers of this book were confused. So, I rewrote it so that it makes more sense :)) 

Deja: 

"How are you doing?" I asked Jack.

"Fine," he said softly. "I can't believe we finally decided to go separate ways."

A/N: I hate writing that the band split up, but it's like they chose to do their own music, not one person leaves ya know? it's for book purposes BUT I DON'T WANT THEM TO SPLIT UP LIKE EVER. they're still friends all of them btw 

Jack moved in with me about a month after Jayden's death to help me around the house and to help me take care of Jay. It was nice having him around the house. The band ended up going their separate way to make their own music especially since they all were growing up.

Jay was super sick and he was missing Jayden a lot. I was too, but it had a bigger effect on Jay than it did on me. He constantly had horrible nightmares which Jayden would usually deal with and he didn't even want to try and play football anymore. He usually spent his day in the backyard with Hashbrown and he only really talked to Jack about his feelings. And for a 6-year-old, he has a lot.

I walked upstairs to check on Jay who didn't go to school today because of how sick he was. 

"How are you, Jay?" I asked sitting down beside his toy car bed which he also named the Jay Mobile because we don't have the Jay Mobile anymore because of how wrecked it got.

"I'm hungry," he said shivering. I fixed his blanket and placed another on him.

"What do you wanna eat?"

"Pizza rolls..."

"We don't have pizza rolls. Do you want chicken nuggets?"

"No, just pizza rolls." I sighed.

"I'm gonna go to the store and buy pizza rolls. If you need anything, uncle Jack is downstairs."

He nodded. I kissed his forehead and walked into my room to grab my wallet and my phone.

"Jack!" I called.

"What?!" He called from downstairs.

"I'm going to the store! Watch Jay for me please!"

"I gotcha!" 

"Thank you!"

I walked out of the house and got into the only other car that Jayden bought while he was alive. 

...

I walked into the grocery store to grab some pizza rolls for Jay. Life hasn't been the same since Jayden left us, buts we've gotten through it. Usually, it would be his job to get Jay his needs from the store.

I got to the pizza rolls isle when I saw a familiar kid in all black and checkered Vans. Zach.

I turned and grabbed pizza rolls out of the freezer thing and hoped he didn't see me. I tried to walk away, but that soft sweet voice stopped me:

"Deja," he said. I turned to face his dark brown eyes of freezing ice. I stared at him and I felt rage within me. I don't know how long I was staring at him, but it was long enough for him to think I didn't know who he was because he said, "It's me, Zach."

"I know," I said plainly rolling my eyes.

"Look I just wanted to say-"

I slapped him right across the face. He reached for his cheek which was a red color.