Beware of Dog:5

Deja:

I woke up and looked over to Hashbrown. He was jumping with joy. It was about 6 in the morning and I felt like going for a walk. I quickly got out of bed and brushed my teeth. I pulled on a pair of leggings and an orange Nike sweater. I put on my white vans and brushed my hair. I put it up into a little messy bun.

"Let's go Hashbrown!" I grabbed him out of his little cage thing and set him on my bed. I grabbed his leash and hooked it on. Hashbrown looked at the leash and tried to bite it. I laughed. I carried him down the stairs since he wasn't big enough to walk down the stairs and he'd probably tumble down the stairs if I let him.

I walked out the door and locked it before remembering I didn't have my house keys. I groaned, but Hashbrown bit on my shoe making me laugh. We walked around the block a few times. The sun was slightly out and it looked beautiful. I could feel the morning air and the low hum of silence. The world is way more peaceful when it's quiet and you get time to think. In my world, it's full of noise and yelling and I really don't get any time to think unless it's in the shower.

I continued to walk and I felt someone's body slam against mine taking away all the peace and calmness. I looked up at the person and I felt like glaring, but my eyes fell upon a very good looking creature who was about my age. He was tall, Asian looking, with dark hair and dark brown eyes. He had light caramel colored skin and a nice jawline.

"I'm sorry!" He immediately said.

"No, it's okay," I said. "I was in your way."

"No, I should've watched where I was going, but I too busy worrying about being late." I tilted my head and looked at him.

"You look oddly familiar..."

"I do?"

"Yeah, I've seen you somewhere, I just don't know where..." Right then it clicked in my head. "Oh my gosh, you're Gabe De Guzman. You're a really great dancer."

"Oh gee, thanks." He blushed. "What's your name?"

"Deja, I just moved here from Minnesota. I honestly don't know why I'm telling you this, you probably don't care at all, but anyways..." I said making him laugh.

"Well, nice to meet you, Deja, I'll see you around. I have to go or I'll be late for my show with Boy Squad." He smiled. I waved and he jogged away. I continued to walk with Hashbrown.

I came across a small park. It was quiet and no one was there yet. I sat on a little bench under a big tree. Hashbrown stuck his tongue out and barked. I picked him up and laughed as he licked my face.

"Hashbrown! I just washed my face!" I laughed and wiped off the slobber with the end of my sweater sleeve. We sat for about 10 minutes before we headed back home. I got to the front door right as my dad was leaving.

"Are you leaving?" I asked.

"Yes, buddy, I start work today," He said.

"Do you really have to go?"

"Do you want to live under a roof and have food to eat?"

"Yes..."

"Then, I really have to go." He kissed my forehead and ran to the car. "Brianna and Bridget are still sleeping, but there's cereal on the fridge or leftover lasagna from last night that you can warm up and eat for breakfast!"

"Okay, thanks, dad. What time will you be home?" He started the car.

"7," He answered. I began to back out of the driveway. "I love you, I'll see you later!"

"Bye, dad!" He drove off. I tried opening the door, but it was locked. As usual, my dad locked the door while leaving the house. I slammed my hands against the door and placed my forehead on the door. I looked down at hashbrown who was scratching at the door.