Free:84

Jay: 

"I still can't believe you're moving out," I said helping Uncle Jack carry his boxes into the back of Aunt Chloe's car.

"Me neither," he said. We set the boxes into the trunk and leaned against the car. "You grew up strong, Jay."

"Only because you were my number one supporter."

"I'm gonna miss you, bud."

"Really?" I asked laughing.

"Yup, I'm gonna miss you and all your sarcastic jokes about how sad my life is."

"Well, it's not exactly sad anymore," I said gesturing to Aunt Chloe. "I thought you'd never get married."

"Same," he said making me laugh.

"I don't know who I'm supposed to talk to any more about my problems."

"Zach."

"You know how I feel about talking to him about my problems..."

"He gives great advice. And you promised me that one of these days, you'd give him a chance."

"Did I promise?"

"Yes, I remember because you said 'I promise I'll give him a chance' and then you held out your pinky because..."

"No promise is a promise unless it's a pinky promise," I recited.

"Just like your mom," he said with a sigh.

We continued to talk and laugh and share memories with each other. Uncle Jack grew to be my best friend. My number one go-to. The person who I tell all my secrets to and the person who knows my feelings without me having to say anything.

"I have to go now," he said softly.

We all said goodbye to him and Aunt Chloe. Before he left I ran to him and gave him one last hug. I cried into his shoulder and told him how much I was going to miss him. He practically raised me, fed me when I was hungry, wiped my tears, put clothes on my body, but most importantly, he gave me a reason to hope and believe during the darkest times.

"This isn't goodbye, Jay," he said hugging me tightly.

"Yeah, it is. Don't say that-"

"This is, see you later," he said holding me by the shoulders. "Stay strong, fighter."

We sad our last goodbyes before he and Aunt Chloe got into the car and drove off. Taking a right turn at the end of the street and disappearing before my eyes. These were the moments where I realized how grateful I was for the people in my life.

...

I sat in my room and stared at the wall. Kinda like the way my mom stares at the wall every December 13th. I was so bored. 

Veronica and mom were going shopping for new clothes for Veronica. I was home alone with Zach. This was usually about the time when I would find a way to get out of the house or go downstairs and play video games with Uncle Jack.

There was a knock at the door and I turned my head to look at it. I looked out the window to see if my mom was home, but she wasn't. Meaning that the only person who could be knocking on the door was Zach.

I sighed and got up to open the door.

"Let's go for a walk?" He asked. I nodded. 

"Where's Hashbrown?" I asked looking for his leash.

"He left with your mom and Veronica."

"Oh, so we're the only ones going for a walk..."

"Yeah."