Veronica:82

Jay: 

It's been about 9 years since Zach and my mom got married. I was just starting as a freshman in high school. I was 15 and Veronica, was now 9. Veronica Herron.

I still hate my 6-year-old brain for confusing myself and letting Zach marry my mom. I don't know how it made sense to me then, but it doesn't now. 9 years go by super slow when you live with a dude that you absolutely hate. Well, not absolutely, but kind of. We never really got along. 

He was so different from me. He played guitar and sang his heart for the world. I threw footballs and played games, not a guitar. My mom, on the other hand, is both. She sings and dances, but she plays basketball and helps me with football which should be a father's job. But who am I kidding? Zach will never be my father and he will never see me as his son. 

Veronica Herron. The name is known everywhere on social media. As soon as Zach told the world that he had a daughter named Veronica Herron, all social media went crazy and have been updated with pictures of her since the day she was born. He does interviews and takes her with him sometimes. Who is Jayden Miller Jr? The kid whose father was an all-star high school and college football legend, so close to also being an NFL legend, but he sadly passed away. Forgotten with the rest of his memories. 

Uncle Jack, he still lives with us and is constantly simping to sad music in the basement because he loves Aunt Chloe. In my opinion, if you love someone, tell them. Even if it's absolutely hard for you to do and even if you're scared, tell them. Well, that's what I learned from my parents at least. Dad loved mom, so dad told mom and they got married.

Aunt Bridget, she got married to some lowlife. They moved to Vegas and I have a cousin named Charles who I've never met. Aunt Bridget says it's because they don't have time to visit, I think it's just because she thinks he's too good for me.

And my mom. My beautiful, amazing, strong, better than any other mom in the world... I love her. As much as I want to be angry with her, I love her. I do everything to make sure my mom is happy because when she's happy, I'm happy. And there's nothing that makes me happier than to see that she's happy. I don't know, maybe my 6-year-old self, wanted my mom to be happy. That's why he let her get married to the wicked witch of the west.

"Jay!" I turned and saw my two best friends running towards me. Jacob and Richie.

Jacob: Smart, but always serious about situations.

Richie: Not so smart, but gives great advice.

We've been stuck together since we started football. They were my comforters when my dad died. My mom was always too busy crying over my dad and Jack was always comforting her. I didn't have anyone but them and Hashbrown.

"First day of school," Jacob said wrapping his arms around the both of us. "Beverly Hills High School is in for a real treat."

The three of us walked through the doors. This was where the magic happened for my parents. Our first stop wasn't our lockers or our classrooms, but the huge trophy case. Full of pictures and plaques and awards.

"That's my dad," I said staring at a picture of their football team from his senior year. Class of 2018.

"Your dad was a legend," Richie said as we all admired the pictures and trophies.

"And that's my mom," I said laughing at a picture of my mom holding their State Champion Trophy. She told me about those years. Class of 2019.

"Your dad and mom were a year apart?" Jacob asked.

"Yeah, everyone hated my mom because my dad was the hottest guy in school and he was a senior."

"I wish I knew what if felt like to be your dad. Varsity as a freshman, most liked guy in school, and humble about it all. He even had a cool name, Jayden Miller," Richie said. Jacob agreed.