Prom:64

Deja: 

"I'm nervous!" Chloe squealed. "Jack will be here soon and I'm having second thoughts on this dress and my hair looks horrible! My make up! Just me in general!"

"Look, Chloe. You look absolutely amazing," I said.

"But it's my senior prom and I'm taking a guy who I'm absolutely in love with and I don't know what I'm doing."

"You'll do fine! It's just a school dance!"

"I wanna ask him out," she said.

"So, do it. Tonight."

She whined a little bit and continued to get ready.

"Why aren't you getting ready?" She asked. I felt my heart drop to the bottom of my stomach.

"Jayden didn't ask me," I said.

"He probably thinks you guys are already going together since you guys are dating."

"That's not what it was like for homecoming..." I sighed. "I'm fine with staying home. It's just a school dance anyways."

"It's not just a school dance. It's a night that will go down as good or bad that you will remember for the rest of your life."

"Thanks, I will love remembering the night I wasn't asked to prom by my boyfriend. I'll lie in bed at night and think about not being good enough." She rolled her eyes.

"I swear Tony told me Jayden asked you already," she said.

"When?" I asked.

"I don't know."

I heard tapping on my window and I looked over. Jayden was knocking on the window. I slid it open and he crawled in.

"Hey," he said. Chloe just rolled her eyes and moved her stuff to the bathroom to get ready. She closed the door behind her to give us more privacy.

"Hi..."

"What's Chloe getting ready for?" He asked.

"Are you serious?" He looked at me with a confused look on his face.

"Yeah, what?"

"Chloe is getting ready for prom." He looked at me with wide eyes.

"I'm stupid," he said burying his face in his hands. "I was supposed to ask you! And I totally spaced. The poster I made is in the little hut thing next to the beach."

"It's okay," I said.

"I wanted to take you. It's my last prom. Well, also my first and I can't take you because I'm an idiot!"

"It's fine."

"No, it's not."

"Jayden, it's fine," I said holding his face in my hand. 

"I just wanted to take you. And I don't have anything prepared to take you and tickets to prom are sold out."

"Well, everyone will be at prom meaning no one will be at the mall or the movies. Or anywhere else that's super packed all the time."

"What are you trying to say?" He asked.

"Let's just not go. I'll take you next year and it'll all be good." He smiled.

"You sure?"

"Positive," I said with a smile. I brought him down to me and kissed his cheek.

He pulled me close and placed a kiss on my lips. I smiled and felt butterflies in my stomach.