Big Day:65

Deja:

Jayden screamed and shouted in my room. I just laughed and continued to read my book with Hashbrown snuggled up against the side of my leg.

"How can you be reading a book?!" Jayden asked buttoning his shirt. "I'm graduating, babe!"

"I know, Jayden," I said laughing.

He walked over and hovered over me. He pushed the book down and pushed my chin up so that I was looking at him. The tip of his nose was touching mine.

"I'm so... EXCITED!" I laughed and pushed his head away. He walked back over to the mirror and continued to get ready.

I stared at him in the mirror. He smiled when he made eye contact with me. He turned around and smiled.

"Like what you see?" He smirked. I laughed and got off the bed. I walked over to him.

He smiled and pulled me close to him. I placed my hand on his chest. He looked at me and I smiled.

"Your tie is crooked," I said fixing it.

He rolled his eyes while I fixed his tie.

"Thank you!" He tackled me onto the bed. He lied on top of me.

"Air! ...Please, I... can't... breath!" I yelled dramatically causing him to laugh. Hashbrown got up and lied above my head.

He just flopped over and hugged me. His head was on my chest and his arms were wrapped around my waist.

"Jayden, you're going to mess up your clothes," I said.

"I also don't care." I smiled.

"Are you nervous?"

"Yeah, but I'm ready." He kissed my shoulder.

We lied there in silence.

"Deja?"

I hummed in response.

"I want you to come with me to Parker's graduation party."

"Who's Parker?"

"#62 on the football team."

"I honestly don't know anyone's numbers."

He sighed. "Just come with me?"

"Why? I don't even know the kid and half the kids there will be either family or seniors."

"Just come. It'll be fun, I promise."

"You know I hate parties..."

"Please," he begged.

"Why don't you just throw a party?"

"I am. Remember? It's tomorrow though."

I nodded remembering.

"So, will you go with me?"

"I guess..." He smiled.

...

I dropped off Jayden at the school so he could get prepared with his whole senior class for their graduation. I came back home and got ready.

I grabbed the huge poster I made for Jayden which I was hiding from him under my bed. I quickly finished it, then I showered.

I dried my hair and curled it. I pulled on a baby pink long sleeve T-shirt dress. It also came with a hood. I liked this dress. I put on my low-top white converse. I slapped on mascara. I was too lazy to do the rest.

I put a baby pink bowtie on Hashbrown.

My phone started to ring and I grabbed it.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.