Tears:25

Zach: 

It was about 11 and the party was still going. Bridget made me follow her around the whole time. I watched as Deja and the guys laughed in a corner by themselves.

"I'm bored," I said loudly. Bridget looked at me and stopped her conversation with her group of friends. Bridget was about 5 foot 2 with beautiful blue eyes which went perfectly with her sky blue dress.

"What?"

"I said, I'm bored. I've followed you around the whole night, Bridget. What else do you want from me? You haven't even talked to me!" She rolled her eyes.

"I'll be right back," She said to the group of people before grabbing my arm and pulling me off to the side.

"Look, Zach," she said. "I. Like. You. Haven't you gotten the hint yet?"

"No. I can't get a hint if you pull me around and treat me like a puppy! I'm not a puppy, Bridget and if following you around and looking like your boyfriend is all I'm good for, then maybe you should find someone else. Because I am not your boyfriend and I will not be your puppy." I stood up for myself. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to my real friends."

"Real friends?" She rose an eyebrow.

"Yes, real friends." I folded my arms. "You don't like me, Bridget. You're using me."

I turned and saw Deja smiling from across the room which made me smile.

"You like Deja!" I turned and looked at her.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Don't play dumb, Zach. I saw it the whole night. You look at her with this weird look on your face, but she doesn't love you."

"I already know that," I said. "I messed up and it doesn't matter anymore. Every time I kissed her I felt something different-"

"What do you mean kissed her?" She cut me off.

"I was Deja's first kiss." She laughed in my face.

"You aren't Deja's first kiss," she said. "Look at me, babe. Do you really think you're Deja's first kiss?"

"That's what she told me."

"That means she's not your real friend."

"What?"

"Deja's a liar. Her first kiss was with my ex-boyfriend. He cheated on me with her and she knew we were dating. She's been like that with every guy. Do you really think Jack is just her best friend?" I looked over at the group and saw that Jack was making Deja laugh. "I think she's cheating on Jayden. She played you, Zach. She made you think that she loved you just so she could lead you on and break you. You don't know Deja until she hurts you. But if you want to continue getting hurt, I won't stop you. Go and believe that liar."

She began to walk away.

"Wait," I said. She turned and looked at me with a painful look.

"What?" 

"I like you too," I said.

"You're only saying that because you know what type of person Deja is," She said.

"No, I'm not. I've liked you since the first day you moved here, but Deja made me think you were some type of bad person."

"She makes everyone think that and that's why everyone hates me..."

I grabbed her hand and sat down with her on the couch in the living room. Everyone was dancing around us.

"Do you hate me?" She asked beginning to tear up.