Fairy Lights and Kisses:43

Zach: 

I hesitantly blocked Deja on all of my social media. I thought it'd be the best if we just cut off all communication. We were living two completely different lives and in my full on opinion, we'd be better off not knowing each other. I forgot everything Deja meant to me. I decided to destroy all past memories of her because I didn't need them there to be a reminder of where I went wrong. 

I deleted every picture, every message, every piece of Deja that I had left. It was for the best anyway. 

Bridget has been calling my phone non-stop for the past 2 days. She tells me she's sorry and that she messed up. And I forgave her, but I didn't want her back.

I felt a lot more happy without a girl in my life. I didn't have to worry about making sure she knows I love her or trying not to mess things up with her. I could focus on my music and what make me happy.

For a while I thought the love of a girlfriend was what made me who I am. But it wasn't. I wasn't happy being torn in pieces and shoved to the ground. I was happy with just me and my boys. It took me a while to find who I wanted to be, but sometimes you gotta lose yourself to find yourself. 

Even if it means throwing away the worst in you even if you thought it was the best for you. Throwing away my love for Deja made me realize, I'm still me with or without love. And love was the one thing that always brought out the best in me, but it was also what brought out the worst. 

"Zach, what are you thinking about?" Jack asked as we sat in out hotel room.

"What?"

"You look like you're in deep thought..."

"I'm thinking about life," I said.

"What about it?"

"Isn't it crazy how love can change a person?" I asked. He looked at me.

"I totally agree buddy," Corbyn said with a sigh.

"Like one day, you think you know yourself, but then someone special come around and totally knocks you out of your place and make you realize that you don't really know who you are..."

"You sound like a girl, my dude," Daniel said.

"I don't know. I thought I knew who I was, but then I fell in love and now I know who I really am."

"Love can change a person," Corbyn said.

"It really can..."

"Who are you in love with?" Jonah asked.

"No one really right now... but I was in love with someone who totally changed me for a better."

"Who?"

"Deja..."

They all groaned and rolled their eyes.

"No guys, I'm not in love with her anymore. She just made me a better person and she made me find who I really am," I said. The still rolled their eyes.

Deja: 

I took Hashbrown for another walk. This time Chloe joined us. Jayden was volunteering at the aquarium today. I thought it was pretty cute.

"I miss him so much," Chloe said as we walked through the park.

"Who?"

"Jack!"

"I miss him too," I said.

"You don't get it though... I love him..."

"You've only talked to him twice, Chloe." I laughed a little.