Hurry:73

Deja: 

"Are you ready?" Carter asked.

"I don't know..." I said softly. "I just can't believe that this is actually happening."

I pulled on my graduation gown a bit. I looked at him before looking over at Bridget and her whole squad. Peyton was here with her daughter, Lilly.

I was planning to take college online. Today was the day that I would make my decision. To stay with Jayden or be with Zach, but it depends on how today ends.

We were ordered to go out and sit in alphabetical order like we practiced.

"I'll see you after graduation," Carter said heading towards the front of the line.

I sat down in the seat that I was assigned to. I worriedly tapped on my knee and played with my fingers.

I looked up and saw my dad and Brianna. A few seats down was the Why Don't We boys, minus Zach. I didn't know where he was. I took deep breaths. I saw Jayden and Hashbrown, next to them, Chloe. I smiled brightly.

I kept staring until I saw 2 goofs stumble in. Tony and Chris. 

I wished with everything in me that my mom was here to watch me take these last few steps of high school. I hoped she was proud of me and that she'd be here with me through every step of the way.

Graduation ceremonies were always the hardest thing to stay awake during.

Jack: 

"I'm so nervous," Jayden said sitting down with Hashbrown.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I'm proposing to Deja."

"What?!"

"Yeah, today. When she gets called to receive her diploma. I have like everything figured out already. I already talked to the school too and they said it's super cute."

"It is super cute!" I smiled awkwardly. "You're gonna do great and I'm positive she'll say yes."

"Thanks, dude."

"Where's Zach?" I whispered to Daniel.

"He's getting flowers and finishing the poster he made Deja, but he'll be here before she gets called up there. Why?" 

"Jayden's proposing to Deja. Today. During the ceremony."

"Shut up."

"I'm being serious," I whispered. "He has the whole thing planned."

"We have to get Zach here."

"Excuse us, we'll be back," I said to Jayden. He nodded.

The four of us got up and walked out. I ran into someone on my way out.

"Sorry, I didn't see you..." Chloe stood there. It'd been a year since the last time I saw her and she was still absolutely beautiful. "Chloe."

"Hello," she said softly. I missed her voice. "Excuse me. I need to go find a seat."

I just nodded. She walked past me. 

"Jack!" Daniel called grabbing my arm and dragging me over next to the concession stand.

"Here's the plan, you two distract Jayden. Don't let him get to the stage," Jonah said. "Corbyn and I will get Zach here."

We all nodded.

"Why Don't We on three!" Daniel yelled.

"Not the time Daniel!" I yelled.

"You're lame."