Love At First Convo:47

Jack:

"Why don't you just ask her out?" Zach asked. We sat on the couch while watching TV and playing with Hashbrown.

"I don't know, I'm nervous," I said. "I don't wanna ask her over text because that's what losers do."

"Take her on a date."

"And do what?"

"I don't know, get ice cream and take a stroll in the park."

"I'm scared to ask her on a date."

"Chloe won't hurt you!" Zach said throwing Hashbrown's toy into the kitchen. He returned and placed it in Zach's hand. Zach rubbed his head.

"I should go on a double date. Me, her and... Jayden and Deja." Zach sighed. He was still hurting, but he was slowly pushing through it.

"I'll go on a double date with you!" He smiled.

"You don't have a date though," I said.

"I'll take Jonah," he said. I rolled my eyes.

"That's not double dating. That's me, Chloe and two idiots."

"Look, just give me a few days. I'll find a date."

"Whatever..." I sighed.

"I'm gonna go take a walk with Hashbrown. Wanna come?" He asked. I shook my head and thought about how I was going to tell Chloe that I liked her.

Zach:

Hashbrown and I walked around the park. It was extremely dark which wasn't a surprise because it was about 10:30. I was walking when I saw a group of guys getting in the way of a girl who was walking home. I wanted to turn the other way and just leave her to deal with her own problems, but I felt bad so I ran over there.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" I yelled. I pushed through the group of guys and to the girl. I wrapped my arms around her and shoved the guys off. They ran off. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah," she said looking worried. She looked around.

"They're not coming back," I said. "Do you want me to walk you home?"

"No, I'm fine. Really, I am," She said softly.

"I'm gonna walk you home. You shouldn't be walking home late like this." It was pretty dark so I couldn't tell who she was. Hashbrown seemed very quiet and I could hear him growl quietly.

"No, really I'm fine..."

"I'm walking you home. Especially after what I just saw, I don't trust you to walk home alone," I said. "Let's go."

"Thank you," she said. She looked cold, so like a gentleman, I offered her my sweater. She took it and thanked me again.

"I'm Zach, by the way..." She nodded. "What's your name?"

"Uh... Peyton," She said softly.

"Peyton?" She nodded. "I like that name."
[WHHAATTTT??!!]

We continued to walk.

"So... Do you live around here?" I asked.

"Yeah, I was just at a friend's house... and my parents called and asked me to come home," she said.

"I was just taking my friend's dog for a walk," I said.

"Thank you, again. You're probably tired of hearing me say thank you so much, but I just wanna let you know that I truly do appreciate you for helping someone like me. People don't usually help complete strangers out of situations like that," she said.