Aftermath

Alison pov

Waking up and getting out of bed after last night was a new challenge in itself. For a moment when I woke up it felt like a normal morning until my brain began to run again and I remembered it wasn't any normal day. It was the day after my brother died because of me. I felt sick the moment my eyes opened. He had been there alone all night in that cold swimming pool. I wished it was all a bad dream and he would walk through my bedroom door with his goofy smile asking if I wanted to go out for breakfast. My heart sank into my stomach as I thought about Emilia's face when I have to explain that her uncle Jason wouldn't be around anymore.

"Em?" I rolled over to find the other half of my bed empty.

I immediately jumped out of bed and ran downstairs.

"Em!" I shouted as I reached the bottom of the stairs but she didn't answer.

I heard a crash in the kitchen and instantly ran towards it. As I reached the doorway of the kitchen I seen Hanna, Caleb and Spencer standing round with cups.

"Have any of you seen Emily?" I asked.

"No we thought she was still in bed with you." Spencer put her cup down, by the way she was trembling I figured she must be drinking coffee.

My head began to spin thinking of all of the worst things that could have happened. What if A has her now? What if she's hurt?

"I'll try give her a call." Hanna could clearly see the worry on my face.

"Have a seat and I'll get you some coffee." Caleb pulled out one of my cream stools for me to sit on.

Hanna wandered off into the hall and I tried to listen in. I thought for sure that she would come back in saying she didn't answer. Caleb handed me a cup and I instantly placed it down.

"Em where are you?" I heard Hanna speaking down the phone.

Relief washed over me knowing she was okay.

"What are you doing there?" Hanna didn't sound happy. "Well we will come and get you."

Hanna appeared back in the kitchen and I stood up.

"We need to go to the school." She put her cup down and turned back around.

We all followed behind Hanna as she left the house and got into Caleb car. We climbed in after her and Caleb handed her the keys. What was Emily doing at the school? She might get caught and they'll think she killed him.

Emily POV

I stood outside the perimeter the police had created after I called them. I watched as they entered the school looking for Jason's body. They had a separate team out at the club looking for Maya's body but I thought I should be here for Ali. I knew I should have told someone where I was going or that I had called the police. I heard a car come to a sudden halt behind me. I turned to see Hanna, Ali, Caleb and Spencer climbing out of Caleb's car. Ali ran straight into my arms.

"Don't do that!" She squeezed me tighter.

"I had to do something I couldn't just leave them for someone else to find."

"Have they...you know brought him out yet?" Hanna asked.

"No they just got here." I kissed Ali's forehead.

I put my arm around Ali as we watched and waited for them to come back out.

"Has anyone spoken to you?" Spencer asked.

"No they all just went straight inside after blocking the school off."

"It's a good thing that its a Saturday could you imagine if everyone was standing around here before school."

We all stood in silence for a few minutes before one of the cops I had seen go in first came out and walked straight over to us.

"Was it one of you that phoned this in?"

"Yes I did."

"Well next time you want to pull a prank go do it on some other people who's job isn't as important. If you do anything like this again you will be charged with wasting police time." He began to walk away when Spencer stopped him.

"What are you talking about there is a body in the pool in there and there is no body at the tennis club either."

"Miss the game is up the pranks over there is no body just a mannequin with a wig glued on to it."

"No there is we seen him it was my brother Jason." Ali shouted to him, I could hear the frustration in her voice.

"Look I know you have been through a lot but your brother isn't in that pool and we had word from him an hour ago that he was in New York and told us all about your friend Aria and that he is still looking for her." He pulled off the tape that had been keeping us away from the school and walked away with it.

I didn't know what to say, I stood unable to move or speak. We all seen Jason drown and what happened to Maya. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and pulled it out instantly knowing who it was.

You are and always will be a liar to them good luck getting anyone to believe anything you say - A