Our Decision

Alison pov
I was glad we were spending a few nights at Ems moms house. I still feel like Jason is going to walk through the door any minute whenever we are home. Emilia loved staying here too, Pam always spoiled her. No wonder Emily has always been such a happy optimist person for all the years I've known her, seeing as that's how Pam would have been with Emily when she was growing up. We were lucky to have her. Sometimes I wonder what we would do without her especially when Emilia needs to be somewhere safe when something is going down with A, I know she will be safe as long as she's with Pam.

It was only Emily and I in tonight though Pam had taken Emilia out to do some early Christmas shopping. She was always the one person who was always ready for Christmas months in advance. Emily had been really quiet since we had been to the doctors. I had no idea what she was thinking but I knew that eventually we would need to talk about it and make the decision. She was lying across the bed staring up at the ceiling and had been for nearly an hour now.

"Ali what are we going to do?" It was as if she could read my mind.

"I don't know but we will need to figure it out soon."

"We can't have another child we have college soon and graduation and we have Emilia, but I don't think I could get an abortion either."

I didn't know what to say to her. She was right in so many ways we did have graduation and college soon. We are too young to have two children we have our hands full with one and then we have A.

"It's not just my decision though, it might be my body but it's your eggs." Emily reminded me. "Maybe you should make the decision not me."

"I can't make this decision for you Em and I don't want to make it. It might be my eggs but it's your body. You were the one that A messed with inside and it's all up to you and no matter what you decide I'll be by your side." I climbed down to where she was lying and lay my head on her chest.

The room turned quiet again as Emily continued to stare up at the ceiling now with her arms around me. I could feel her breathing slowly or at least trying to breathe slowly while her heart was pounding.

Emily pov

"I think I want to have the baby, but I want to give it up for adoption. I want to find a nice couple to take care of it. At least something good can come out of them is for someone else." We had both been silent for so long it sounded like I shouted it. " What do you think?"

"Em I think that's a great idea, are you sure though?" Ali asked probably concerned I hadn't completely thought it through.

"Yes. A done something horrible and instead of feeling stuck or going through a mountain of pain trying to make a decision if we should have the baby or not we are going to show A that we aren't the bad people they seem to think we are."

For the first time since the doctors I felt like I could smile and that something good could come from this.

"Well it looks like we have our decision." Ali smiled.