Dinner With PAm.

Alison pov

I had never been so nervous to be around Emily's mom. She hasn't really seen me since I got back and she was very observant. Mrs Fields was waiting at the door when we arrived. She smiled as soon as she seen us and I let go of Emily's hand. I guess it was just instinct.

"Alison how are you?"

I couldn't tell if she knew I was pregnant. Everyone knew so there was no doubt that she did too.

"I'm okay Mrs Fields."

"Mom is it okay if Alison stays tonight?"

I didn't realise Emily wanted me to stay at her house.

"Of course." We entered the house and I was hit by the smell of chicken.

My stomach growled and Emily looked at me concerned.

"I think I'm hungry." I laughed.

"Good because I've made way too much as usual." Mrs Fields went into the kitchen and Emily took my hand leading me to the table to sit.

"Are you okay?"

"Fine, why?"

"Well your hand is soaked of sweat."

I blushed I whipped my hand away from Emilys as Mrs Fields walked in with a dish full of food.

She put the dish in the centre of the table.  "Chinese chicken salad. Your favorite right?"

"Yes." I smiled at Emily trying to reassure her that I was fine even though I really wasnt.

She took my hand under the table and Mrs Fields put out food on our plates. I picked at the food on my plate. I was surprisingly not as hungry as I thought.

"So Alison what is it like being home after all this time?"

Small talk really bothered me so much. 

"I'm happy to be home."

"That's good. Anything changed since--?"

I knew she meant the fact that I was now pregnant and not the fact my house now had a new kitchen.

"Mom!" Emily looked irritated by her mother's questions.

"It's okay Em. Yes alot has changed."

My stomach growled again and this time I knew it wasn't from hunger.

"Are you okay?" I loved how protective Emily was.

"I'm fine." I squeezed her hand under the table.

"Maybe you should go to bed. We can watch some TV. Is thay okay mom?"

"Sure honey go on up."

I let go of Emily's hand before we stood up. I was fine kissing her in front of my dad but there was no way I could even hold her hand in front of her mom.

"Alison if you need anything, anything at all just let me know."

"Thank you Mrs Fields. I will."