Remember Me

Alison pov

I found some photos of Emily and I as well as some with the other girls and Emilia. I decided I would take them to the hospital with me to try jog her memory. I was more worried about Emilia more than anything. I understood what was going on - well sort of - but she couldn't understand why Emily wasn't around and why she didn't want to play with her when I took her to the hospital with me a few times. I could see the hurt expression in Emilia's face when Emily didn't smile back or when she didn't let her sit on the bed with her and cuddle her.

When we got to the hospital Spencer, Hanna and Aria were around Emily's bed. Emily didn't recognise them either so they were probably trying to get her to remember things and them. The doctor said it could be selective what she remembers through trauma.

After a few minutes of me arriving the girls left to give us some privacy.

"How are you feeling today?"

"Fine." She looked at me like I was a stranger.

I had to try hold myself together for Emily even if she had no idea who I was. Emilia struggled in my arms trying to reach for Emily.

"Do you mind?" I asked.

"No, she's my daughter too right? Since we are married.

"Yeah." I placed Emilia down on the bed and she crawled up to Emily, who didn't know what to do with her. "I brought some photos with me to see if they will help you remember anything."

I handed her the book I made her for her birthday with all of the photos from our honeymoon. I was glad the book was recovered from the car. It was stupid to think that but it was special to me and was one of the few things that were destroyed that day.

As she flipped through the book she had a blank expression on her face and I knew that it wasn't helping. Once she flipped through the book and looked at the rest of the photos I sat for a while and she asked me some questions about our wedding and Emilia. I had decided not to mention A or anything to do with A yet because it would have been too much for her to handle.

I left the hospital with Emilia just as Emily got her dinner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the cab pulled up outside my house I could see no one was home, all of the lights were out except the one on the porch. As soon as I shut the front door behind me someone knocked. Emilia stirred in my arms. I shifted all of Emilia's weight on to one side and pulled the door open. When I open the door I couldn't believe who was standing in front of me. I tried to shut the door but he put his foot in front of it.

"What are you doing here? What do you want?"

"Is that her? Is that my daughter?"

I stared at him in disbelief. Here he was standing in front of me outside my house. The man that raped me in New York.

"What are you taking about?" I could feel my heart pounding in my chest.

"It is her. I know her from the photo." He pulled out a photo of Emilia from his pocket.

How did he get that? Why would he risk coming here after what he done?

"Come on Ali you can't lie to me. Not after our night together."

"Night together? Are you kidding me?"

"Don't act like you didn't enjoy it. You wanted it as much as I did."

"I didn't want it." I could feel the tears building up in my eyes but I held them back. "You said you would help me!" I shouted.

Emilia stirred and as her clear blue eyes opened she burst into tears.

"I did help you. Come on let me hold her."

"Get away from me." I screamed, holding Emilia close to my chest.

He took step forward.

"ALI!"

I looked behind Scott to see Jason running towards the house.

"Jason hurry." I cried.

Scott turned around and ran away from the house.

I fell to the ground with Emilia in my arms. Jason ran through the door and sat down beside me. Emilia had now calmed down and was beginning to fall asleep again.

"Who was that?" He wiped the tears that had began rolling down my face away.

I looked into Jason's eyes and didn't know how to tell him. I didn't want him to chase after him.

"He was the guy from Philly."

I seen the anger build up in Jason's face as he started to get up off the ground.

"Jason please no." I grabbed his arm and pulled him back down. "Stay with me."

Jason nodded and hugged me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I woke up before Emilia for once. I lay in my empty bed for a few minutes before getting Emilia so we could go pick Emily up from the hospital. I missed having her warm body next to me while I slept, the bed felt so cold and big without her.

I climbed out of bed and went to get Emilia but her crib was empty. She must have woken up early and Jason took her down stairs. As I walked down stairs I could hear the TV on and figured thats where Jason is, watching some crazy show with my one year old but Jason was alone.

"Hey sleepy head." He smiled. "How you feeling?"

"Where is Emilia?"

"Sleeping upstairs in your bedroom." He looked at me confused.

"No she isn't. I thought you must have taken her earlier."

My heart banged against my chest as I began to panic. How could this be happening? Who would have..... Scott

The thought of Scott having her scared me just as much as the thought of A taking her.