Emaya

Emily pov

When I pulled up at the school I knew I had to find Maya as soon as possible, before I could change my mind. Spencer left to meet Hanna and Aria before class and I said I would meet up with them later. Mona and strangely Mike were standing by Mona's locker. I didn't know what to even think about that. I would let Aria deal with whatever was going on. I started down the hallway again. The first class was in twenty minutes so that game me just less than twenty minutes to find Maya and hear what she had to say. My mind was racing, I had no idea what I would say to her or what to expect her to say. What if this was a mistake, going to hear what she has to say? This might bring more chaos into my life and I really didn't need that. I was just about to turn around and walk away when I seen her coming out the bathroom. My head was shouting for me to turn around and walk way but had already made my legs start moving towards her. I stopped a few feet away from her and watched as she pulled books from her locker. As if she knew I was watching her she turned, her head whipping round to face me and the rest of her body following.

"Emily?" She walked towards me.

"We need to talk." I turned around and began walking to one of the classrooms I knew was empty at this time of day. It was the same classroom I had spent sitting in alone most of the day for the first couple of weeks after Alison left.

When we got into the room Maya closed the door behind her. I stood at the window and watched her as she toook a seat on a desk two rows away from me. I wasn't entirely sure what to say so the room was silent. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was the same silence you got when you were with someone you love and have spent alot of time together and the silence between you was comfortable.

"Emily what did you want to talk about?"

I took a deep breath. "I want you to tell me what happened and I want to know everything." I sat down at the desk closest to me.

"I don't know where to start, so much has happened but you need to know that I didn't mean for you to get hurt."

"How about you start from the beginning. The day you left and let me believe you were dead even though you know about everything with Alison."

We sat in silence as I waited for her to speak.

"I met Lyndon at True North, we dated while I was there but he was crazy and possessive and.."

"I already know all of this." I cut her off.

I didn't need to hear about her relationship with him.

"That night when I ran, I was coming home to you. I was coming to tell you I made a huge mistake and that I love you." She began fidgeting with her hands. "He grabbed me. He began mumbling about me playing her and using him."

Using him? Using him for what exactly. What could he offer her that I couldn't at that time?

"He had his hands wrapped around my neck, shouting in my face as he squeezed the oxygen out of me. I tried to fight him off but his grip just got tighter." Her hands were shaking and I could see her try to make them stop.

There was a part of me that wanted to go over and take her hand and reassure her but there was a bigger part of me that was angry.

"I could barely see anymore. I thought I was going to die but all of a sudden he stopped and i hit the ground. I heard him speaking to someone then he ran off. The next thing I knew a dark hooded figure was standing over me and helping me up."

A?

"Who was it?"

"I don't know who it was I couldn't see them. I was terrified, he nearly killed me and he would have if whoever showed up hadn't come. They told me to run and get out of Rosewood and they would meet me at Noel's cabin to help me get away. When they met me they handed me an envelope of money and a new passport with an airline ticket. I wrote you a letter before I left and asked them to get it to you but obviously they didn't give it to you."

"Where did you go? And why did you come back if it you were so scared?"

"I went to Miami. That's where the airline ticket took me and I thought that would be the best place for me to stay. It was only a plane ride away from you. There wasn't a day that went by when I was there that I didn't think about you but I knew I couldn't come back. I seen on the news that I was reported as dead."

"Why did you come back?"

"I met Cece in Miami in a bar I was working in. I didn't know who she was and she didn't know who I was but when she found out I lived in Rosewood she began asking me questions. She told me that Alison was back and that you were marrying her. I was pretty sure she could see my heart breaking when she told me. Cece began to spend a lot of time at the bar until one day she got a phone call. I'm not sure who it was but I suspected it was Alison because the next moment she was leaving for Rosewood. I followed her to her hotel and asked what was going on. She wouldn't tell me unless I went with her so I did. I came back to Rosewood and on the way she told me that you had a daughter and she had been kidnapped. There was a part of me that wanted to get back off the plane but Cece wouldn't let me."

"Then what?"

"Then I was running into that warehouse with Cece and there you were with Alison."

We sat in silence as Maya stared at me waiting for me to speak this time. She stood up and walked to me. She knelt down in front of me and took my hand.

"Emily my feelings for you have never changed. I wanted to keep you safe and I didn't think Lyndon would go after you. I love you Emily."