Challenge Comedown

Emily pov

Alison didn't speak or make a sound the whole way home. She was curled up next to me in the back of the car. Spencer was driving in silence. I didn't even think for a second how she would be feeling about what happened either. Jason was her brother too. Every time I thought about speaking I could hear the noise of the hammer coming down on Maya and Ali's screams. A had done some pretty awful things but they have turned up the game to full. Maybe we were getting closer to who they were and they were panicking. I was beginning to doubt if Aria was even still alive wherever A had taken her. Caleb and Hanna were in the car behind us following us back to mine and Ali's home. We pulled up outside our house and we sat for a moment in silence before any of us even moved.

Alison's pov

I didn't want to move or speak or even think anymore. Emily took my hand as she led me out of the car. Neither of us said a word as Spencer walked behind us with Caleb and Hanna. We sat down in the living room Caleb kept his arm around Hanna the entire time.

"I'll make us some tea." Spencer made her way into the kitchen.

We sat in complete silence before I managed to finally get words out.

"Hanna what happened?"

Everyone looked round at me shocked.

"To be honest I don't really remember much. I woke up in a dark, damp room alone. Every now and again I could hear a voice but I couldn't tell who it was. There was a kind of little slot on the door where someone handed me through a burger. No one ever spoke to me or came near me until tonight before I was taking to the school." She stopped. "They had a mask on and told me if I didn't stay quiet Caleb wouldn't make it out of where we were going alive."

"Was it a man or woman?" Spencer reappeared carrying a tray of cups.

"I don't know they had some sort of voice thing that their voice sounded robotic."

Spencer placed the tray down on the table and sat next to Emily and I.

Emily pov

I could see the mask Ali was wearing to hide her pain. I could see straight through it. I put my arm around her and she lay her head on my shoulder.

"Caleb filled me in on what happened tonight. I am so sorry." I could see Caleb squeeze Hanna's hand.

Spencer pulled her phone out.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Phoning the police." Spencer began to dial.

"What? Spencer no!" Ali screamed as she grabbed Spencer's phone.

"We can't tell the police you know what A is capable of." I took the phone from Ali.

"We need to tell them there are two bodies we can't just leave them." My stomach sank at the thought of maya and Jason all alone but I knew we couldn't call the police there would be too many questions.

"I think we all just need to try to get some sleep." Caleb jumped in before anyone started to fight.

"Why don't we all stay here tonight? We have the extra rooms anyway." I suggested.

Everyone agreed and we all went our separate ways to bed.

Alison's pov

As soon as we got to our bedroom we got undressed and climbed straight into bed. Emily wrapped her arms around me and rested my head on her chest. Neither of us spoke but I could feel her crying, as my tears spilled on to her chest.