The Aftershocks

Alison pov

The moment I saw the small plus sign I couldn't move. I couldn't breathe. The whole world felt like it just stopped. I knew Emily's hand was in mine but I couldn't feel it. I couldn't feel anything. Everything in the room began spinning. Then the room turned black.

Emily pov

I grabbed Alison as she fell down on the bed.

"Ali!" I shouted.

I didn't know what to do. Alison's reaction told me the result on the test. I was in shock but I had to be strong for Ali. I put a pillow under her head. I held her hand waiting for her to get back up. I knew that she just fainted but my heart was racing and tears ran down my face.

"Ali please get up."

After a few moments her eyes flickered open.

Alison pov

I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was Emily's beautiful face. For a second I forgot that I just found out that I was pregnant. My heart began to race as I seen the tear stains on Emily's face. Was I going to lose her? What would I do without her?  My world was falling down around me. I sat up slowly.

"Hey don't." Emily lay down beside me and stroked my face with finger.

I closed my eyes and concentrated on the feeling of Emily's finger tracing my face. I wanted this whole pregnancy thing to be a dream. I only wanted Emily, not a baby. Tears began running down my face.

"Em I'm...."

"Ali its okay. I'm here."

"I don't want to lose you."

"I'm here aren't I. I'm not going anywhere."

I smiled and Emily kissed me. I sat up still kissing Em. I run my fingers through her hair as the kiss deepened. I pulled Emily up to the top of the bed. We both lay down and Emily wrapped her arms around me.

"Em what am I going to do?"

"Not you, we. I dont know but you're not in this alone. No matter what you decide I'll be there. I promise."

Emily was the most amazing person I had ever met. After everything that has happened she was still going to stand by me. I couldn't make this decision on my own.

"Em what if I kept it?"