The Big Question

Emily pov

Alison's jaw practically dropped to the ground when she saw her room.

"What is this?"

"Our dinner date." I smiled.

"How did you manage to do all of this without me noticing?"

"I had a little help from Aria and Jason." I moved closer to Alison and wrapped my arms around her waist. "What do you think?"

"It's amazing. It's so beautiful, I can't believe you did this all for me."

"I love you Alison I would do anything for you."

"I love you too Emily." She spun around still in my arms and kissed me.

When the kiss ended I cupped her face with my hand to kiss her again but her face was damp.

"Why are you crying? I thought you liked it."

"I do, these are happy tears."

I hugged her tighter then led her over to her bed. I didn't even know what food Aria and Jason had packed so it was a surprise to me too.

Alison pov

As Emily pulled out the food packed in the picnic basket I could still see that she was nervous. Was there something else going on? Her hand was shaking as she placed down a tub or chocolate covered strawberries.

"Em whats going on? Are you okay?" I placed my hand on top of hers.

"Nothing everything is absolutely fine."

I nodded but I didn't believe her.

She pulled two plates out and began emptying one of the tubs onto them. Chicken pasta. I really loved chicken pasta but I couldn't stop thinking about the strawberries. I kept staring at the tub.

"Open the tub and eat them."

"What?" I said pretending not to know what she was talking about.

"The strawberries. You are practically drooling right now."

I opened the tub and began throwing as many as I could into my mouth. They tasted so good. I looked to Emily who was staring down at her hands nervously.

Emily pov

I watched as Alison ate the last of her pasta. I could barely eat a thing. She smiled as she swallowed her last fork full. I cleared all of the tubs and plates on to the floor beside the bed.

"Aren't we going to put that all down stairs?" Alison asked.

"After but first can we move up." I moved up to the top of the bed and Alison followed.

She was about to crawl into my lap but I stopped her.

"Emily what's going on? You've been weird all day."

"Alison I love you so much."

"I love you too Em."

I smiled and my stomach began doing somersaults from nervous.

"I want to be part of you and the baby's life and I never want you to feel scared or like you're not safe because I'll always keep you safe." My heart began racing as I reached under the pillow nearest to me. I pulled out the ring I had got Jason and Aria to pick up on the way back from the lake house.

"Ali will you marry me?"