The New Normal

Alison pov

Emily cried for nearly an hour before she calmed down enough to speak. I could hear Emilia giggling downstairs and Mr and Mrs Fields talking. I played with Emily's hair as she rested her head on my knee. I knew she would want me to try fix this or have a solution to what we do but I didnt know what the right thing would be. Do we just tell everyone and get it over with or do we wait? The girls clearly found out some how we just had to find out how but I could guess how they found out with one guess.

"Maybe we should tell your mum and dad now before it gets out." I suggested.

"No not yet it's too soon." Emily insisted.

My phone rang again and I looked to see Spencers name on my screen once again.

"Well maybe we should at least tell them girls about your dad."

Emily nodded and sighed loudly. I think that everyone else finding out about her dad made it all so real after everything he had just told us. I sent a text to both Hanna and Spencer to meet us at our house.

"Should we take Emilia with us?" I asked.

"No we should leave her with my mom and dad and we can come get her tonight.  It will give them a chance to bond."

Emily's pov

I packed our bags to take everything we had brought with us home while Ali was down stairs speaking to my mom and dad. My stomach hadn't stopped churning since I seen that text from A. I was so fed up it was all getting too much. I knew Ali was hiding get emotions over Jason I could see it in her eyes.

I zipped up or final bag as I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Ali appeared in the doorway with a smile on her face.

"Your dad wants to keep Emilia here tonight if it's okay with us."

"Yes it will give us some time to figure out what we are going to do." I lifted the bag on to the floor from my old bed.

"Okay, Are you ready to go then?" She asked.

I nodded and gave Ali one of the bags. When we got downstairs my mom, dad and Emilia were waiting on us.

"You don't have to leave now you can stay an extra night." My mom suggested.

"Its okay mom it's about time we headed home."

"Mommy!" Emilia out her arms out to me.

"We will see you in the morning you get to have a sleepover tonight. How much fun will you have." I covered her soft delicate face in kisses.

"We make cookies?" Emilia asked my mom.

"Of course." My mom smiled.

We both have everything a hug and kiss before we headed home.

Ali's pov

When we pulled up outside out house Spencer and Hanna were already outside waiting. We left the bags in the car and headed inside. The house felt so dark and empty even though the sun was shining.

"What's going on?" Spencer asked just as we walked through the door.

"You are definitely going to need a seat for this." I took Emily's hand as we all went in to the living room.

Hanna was uncharacteristically quiet as we all sat down.

"So..." Spencers eyes were wide.

I squeezed Emily's hand as she began to tell them both everything that had happened to her dad. I watched their faces as they listen intently. Spencers eyes widened as Emily spoke about her dad being beaten while Hanna looked like age just stopped breathing all together. When Emily finished the room feel silent for a few moments.

"I don't even know what to say." Spencer broke the silence while Hanna just stared at us both in disbelief.

"How did our lives all become this crazy? Between your dad coming back from the dead to Aria going missing to Jason and Maya. None of this feels real." Hanna finally spoke.

Her eyes widened as she looked down at the floor realising how insensitive she had been.

Emily pov

Spencer and Hanna left a few hours after I had finished telling them about my dad. We ordered a pizza and spoke about Ali and my decision about the baby. They both were surprised but expressed their happiness in the decision.

The moon was now high in the sky and I was waiting in bed for Ali. She had been gone for what felt like a long time. She was only going to make sure all the doors and windows were locked downstairs. After a few minutes I could hear footsteps in the hallway. Ali appeared seconds later with a small smile on her face but I could see she had been crying from her red eyes and blotchy red patches on her face. She climbed into bed and into my arms curling up into a ball against me.