Dad?

Emily pov

I had imagined this moment so many times even though I knew it would never happen. Hearing his familiar voice saying my name sent shivers through my whole body. I stared at the man in my door way who looked exactly like my dad, but it couldn't be him. He was dead. We had a funeral. They told us he died. They put his body in a coffin and into the ground. This isn't possible. I could hear footsteps behind me presumably Ali's but I couldn't even turn to her.

"Em who is it?"

I couldn't reply to her I felt like I was going to pass out. I tried to take a step back to Ali but I stumbled and she caught me. My legs felt like jelly.

"Em what's wrong? Who's at the door? You look like you have seen a ghost."

"Alison? Is that you there?" Hearing his voice again was all it took the world around me to start spinning and go dark.

Alison pov

I knew that voice. The way they said my name, but it couldn't be. I held Emily in my arms as she fell to the ground.

"Em!" I shook her and rubbed her face until eventually her eyes fluttered open slightly.

I seen a black boot next to my foot and I looked up to see Emily's dad standing over us. I understood why Emily had just collapsed into my arms. I didn't even know what to do it say. He was dead we went to his funeral.

"Let me help you." He put his arms out.

We both held on to Emily as we took her over to the sofa. I see her legs were jelly just by the way her legs were moving. We lay her down on the sofa were she lay barely conscious. 

"Who are you? What is going on?" I asked confused.

"Alison you have known me for years you can't tell me you have forgotten me." He said casually as if this was all normal.

"You died. We went to your funeral." I sat down on the chair beside Emily so  didn't pass out too. This was too much.

"I went missing they thought I had died with this rest of my team. I was held hostage but I will go in to more detail about it all when I can tell Emily and Pam. What is Pam?" He asked.

I looked at him in disbelief. "Are you serious? You can't just show up after years have passed when they grieved you they were broken  and you turn up yourself like nothing happened."

"I know this is hard I understand it was a hard decision to make how I would do this but I had to do it I had to come back to my family."

It wasn't that I didn't want him back for Emily and Mrs Fields but they had no warning at all that this would even be possible or that they should expect anything. It was my job to protect them when they couldn't do it for themselves.

"Mrs Fields is at the park with Emilia, I don't think you should be here when she gets back." 

"Alison this is still my house you can not tell me to leave. I will wait here for Emily to come round and Pam to get home." He insisted.

"No you won't! I need to make this easier for them. Can you imagine what it would do to Mrs Fields if she walked through the door and seen her presumably dead husband standing in the hallway." 

He sighed realising I was right.

"Dad?" Emily's voice was weak.

"I'm here Emi." He knelt down next to her and took her hand.

"How are you here?" 

"I will explain it all later. I need to go just now." He rubbed her hand and kissed it gently.

"No don't go again." Emily cried.

"I will be back soon. Alison was right this needs to broken to your mother gently and me just standing here is not gentle so as soon as your mom is told I will give Alison my new number and you can phone me to come back." He let go of Emily's hand.

"I don't know when she will be back but I don't think it will be long." 

Mr Fields handed me a small piece of paper with a number on it. 

"Phone me as soon as you can." He began to walk towards the door when he stopped and turned to me. "Emilia?" He looked confused.

He must have not got any of Emily and Mrs Fields letters before he went missing. I paused trying to think of what to say.

"Your granddaughter." I realised that wasn't the greatest explanation I could have given him.

I he looked confused then down at my hand were he zeroed in on my wedding ring.

"We have a daughter. It is a really long story that can wait till later." I continued. "Along with the wedding." I whispered to myself.

I couldn't tell what he was thinking by the look on his face he just starred at my hand. 

"I will hear about it all later." He left the house closing the door behind him. 

I ran back over to Emily and helped her sit up. 

"That really just happened didn't it? I wasn't dreaming."

"Yes it did." I sat down beside her both of us just starring blankly in front of us as we waiting on Mrs Fields to get home with Emilia.