Chapter 10 Ice Cream

Thanerah was lying on the couch, yes she is still sleeping in Hidan’s bedroom on the couch, and the reason why she’s still awake is because she couldn’t sleep at all for some reason. *Damn it...why can’t I sleep?* thought Thanerah, then she sat up from her couch-bed and thought *I need some midnight snack* then she quietly stood up and walked out of the bedroom without waking Hidan up.

She tip-toed her way to the kitchen, switched on the lights and walked to the fridge that housed all of the Akatsuki food. Thanerah scanned through the fridge but she couldn’t find something to eat because there’s barely in food left. *Typical...* thought Thanerah with a frown, she closed the fridge with a disappointed look then she decided to look in the freezer to see if she could find some ice-cream.

Luckily she managed to find a mint ice-cream box “Yes!” she beamed with victory as she took the mint ice-cream box out, since mint is her favourite, she put the box of mint ice-cream on the kitchen counter to open it. Luckily there was some left enough for Thanerah to eat, she quickly went to the dish cabinet to take out an ice-cream bowl. She returned to the mint ice-cream box and put what’s left inside in the bowl; she trashed the empty box in the dust-bin then went to the fridge to take out some extra fillings for her ice-cream. She managed to find some low-fat cream and rainbow sprinklers; she added them in her mint ice-cream and put the stuff away because she knew that Kakuzu doesn’t like it when things are out of place.

Thanerah sat in the small kitchen table and started to eat her mint ice-cream happily. Five minutes later she was half-way of her ice-cream because she wanted to savour the taste of it until she suddenly heard “What are you doing, Thanerah?” she quickly look up with her spoon hanging from the corner of her mouth to see Hidan who had an amusing smirk on his handsome face.

“Um...” she smiled nervously and answered him with an honest truth “I-I couldn’t sleep so I wanted to have a bit of...” she smiled nervously “...a midnight snack”

Hidan’s smirk widened then he walked towards Thanerah, took her spoon away and took a scoop of her ice-cream “Hey!” yelped Thanerah as Hidan ate the ice-cream but he only grinned at her.

What? I’m hungry a bit as well.”

Thanerah re-took her spoon from Hidan “Then get your own ice-cream!”

“Come on, Thanerah! I knew that this is the last batch! Come on, sharing is caring!”

“Since when did you start to care about that kind of shit!?”

“Come on, bitch!! Just let me have a few bites of that ice-cream! Mint is my fucking favourite!”

“Get your hands off my ice-cream!”

Suddenly Pein entered the kitchen with a big annoying look “Shut the hell up you two!! Can’t you see that everyone is trying to sleep around here!?” scolded Pein.

Hidan and Thanerah pointed at each other and said in unison, “It’s his fault!!”

“It’s her fault!!” 

Pein sighed heavily and growled at them “I don’t care. Now shut the fuck up or else I’ll give you two a long hard mission that will make your lives miserable!” then he stomped back to his bedroom and closed his door with a loud bang.

Everything went quiet for a moment before Hidan said to Thanerah “It’s your fault.”

Thanerah glared at Hidan and growled “Shut it.”

He smirked at her then asked “Seriously, can I have some or not?”

Thanerah sighed heavily and nodded with a soft smile on her face “Sure.”