Chapter 20 Suffer no More

The next morning Thanerah fluttered her eyes open from her slumber. She yawned before she cuddled on something to fall back to sleep but then she felt a shift underneath her. That’s when she realized that she wasn’t sleeping on something, it was someone. She shot her eyes open and lifted her head up to see that it was Hidan who was still sleeping.

Thanerah realized that she was sleeping on his chest the entire night with his arm wrapped around her waist. She blushed furiously and thought *Was it a dream? Of Hidan and I married?*

She glanced at her wrist and saw the mark. And then she checked on Hidan’s as well and saw the same one.

*It was definitely not a dream* she looked back at Hidan’s face and her face softened when she remembered *So is his family’s anniversary.*

She carefully wiggled her way out from his grasp and she tip toed her way to the bathroom to do her morning routines. Afterwards she walked out of the bedroom to the kitchen to make some breakfast.

Hidan awaken from his slumber, he breathed in deeply while rubbing his eyes and he fluttered them open. He felt cold on his side so he looked to see that it was empty.

“Thanerah?” asked Hidan as he mumbled while sitting up from the bed. He pushed his silver locks away from his eyes to its original hairstyle but it didn’t stay long.

There was no answer in the room. Hidan sighed heavily *I bet she’s making breakfast right now…* He swept his feet off the bed and flexed his shoulders a bit.

“Argh, my back,” he grumbled as he flexed his back as well with a few bone cracks. “Fuck, I sound just like Kakuzu...” he grumbled once more before he started to do his morning routines.

--

Thanerah was cooking some eggs and sausages for herself until she heard from behind “So, how is your husband?”

She flinched and turned around to see a grinning Kisame. She glared at him before returning her eyes to the pan. “Morning Kisame” ignoring the question that he asked but it only widened his grin.

“Morning kid,” he got to her side and looked over her shoulder. “Hmm, eggs and sausages. Mind if you can make me some? You need to practice to be a good house wife.” He teased but soon a hot sausage was shoved into Kisame’s mouth.

“Shut it,” growled Thanerah and she grabbed a new frozen sausage from the side in the half empty package and replaced the missing sausage with the new one. Kisame grinned and ate the sausage happily.

“Don’t need to be so moody, kid. I’m just teasing with ya,” he said as he leaned against the kitchen counter while chewing the sausage.

“Well, it’s most certainly not funny at all. Now leave me alone, I’m cooking,” she growled once more as she moved the frying food with a wooden spoon.

“For yourself or for your husband?” teased Kisame

Then his head was hit by Thanerah’s wooden spoon on the head.

“Ow!” he yelped in pain and surprise. Thanerah glared at Kisame and continued to cook without saying a word but she was glaring at the food. “You know I could kill you for that,” he threatened her while rubbing his head where she hit him.

Thanerah glared at him from the corner of her eyes and said “If you do then who will do the chores?”

Kisame flinched and grumbled under his breath “Damn it...”

Thanerah had a victory dance mentally. Soon a different voice entered the kitchen “What are you cooking?”

Thanerah and Kisame turned their heads to see Hidan.