Chapter 77 Tower

After getting out of the train, Thanerah was looking around in awe. The Republic City was none other city she thought. Everything was made out of metallic in high technology while the streets were nearly bustling with people from different worlds and places.

She felt an arm wrapped around her shoulder “Stay close to me, it’s quite easy to get f**king lost around here” warned Hidan as he already started to guide her down the road as everyone else was going. She only nodded to him as she stared at everything around her in awe.

After a while she asked Hidan “Where are we going now?”

“We’re going to the Grand Police Station”

She looked straight ahead “But don’t you find it strange, Hidan? I mean...the High Priest barely comes out of his office. How could he commit a...” she trailed off because she didn’t want to say it out-loud, especially when there’s a large crowd around them.

Hidan glanced at her from the corner of his eyes then looked forward again as his pace quickened. “I have no f**king idea, but we’re soon going to find out”

--

They entered the Grand Police Station together and they immediately walked towards the receptionist. “Excuse me” started Hidan. The receptionist looked up and asked.

“May I help you, sir?” he asked as he pushed his glasses up on his nose.

“Yeah, I’m here to talk to the High Priest”

The receptionist glanced down at his book then returned his gaze at Hidan “I’m sorry sir, but he’s not available right now. Come back tomorrow” he returned to his work as he was writing something in his large book.

Hidan growled in anger then stormed out of the Station with Thanerah. When they got outside Hidan growled in anger “We have to come back here tonight” he looked up to the high black tower which birds were flying around, as if they were expecting a corpse to eat.

Thanerah followed his gaze “You think he’s up there?”

“...He has to be, because this time I want some real f**king answers”

--

At night Hidan was walking down the streets alone. Thanerah insisted to come but he said that it’s best for her to stay in the hotel. They both argued a little but in the end Hidan won since he said that he’ll get her some more candy as her reward for obeying him.

He chuckled softly into the empty air when he recalled her pouty face when she lost the argument. The streets were empty but the streets lights were still on, along with a few homes. When he reached the Grand Police Station, he saw that it was still open; considering that it opens 24-7.

He looked up at the black tower and breathed in deeply. *Here goes nothing* he walked around the building so he could get to the back of it. He scanned the area just to make sure that he was alone and there were no cameras around to catch him. He started to climb up the wall while using a bit of his chakra since they can detect chakra signals as well.

Hidan climbed carefully as guards were patrolling. He climbed sideways just to get to the tower. He climbed and climbed carefully until the top. He reached a dark cell window but then he heard “Hidan, is that you?” soon his father appeared in front of the cell window.

Hidan stabled himself in front of the cell window “What the f**k is happening, old man? Tell me what is going on. Did you know that this was happening?”

“Yes, but not this soon” his face dropped sadly “but that doesn’t matter anyway. My execution is tomorrow”

“W-What the f**k are you saying? They’re going to execute you? How?”