Chapter 36 Whip

Thanerah read the books for an hour and a half. She was already finished with the Bio one so she’s reading the ‘Spirit of Life’ book. To be honest she was intrigued by it. Soon she was interrupted by a voice

“How are you so far?”

She stopped reading to turn her head and saw that it was Doctor Raze. She grinned at him and said, “I’m doing well so far.”

Doctor Raze smiled softly then glanced down at the book, “I’m glad you enjoy my book.”

Thanerah’s smile dropped as she stared at the doctor in shock, “Y-You wrote this?” He nodded with a grin.

“Look at the back,” he said.

Thanerah didn’t hesitate to do so and she immediately saw his name on it. “Richard Raze...” she mumbled before looking back at the doctor. “Do you really believe that everything has a spirit?”

“If we don’t have any spirits than we can only be walking hollows on earth.”

“True...” she looked back at the book as she was on the last page.

Soon the large metal doors were open and she heard “Thanerah,” she turned her head to look at her coming husband.

“Hi Hidan.”

He only murmured to her and got to her side. Then he asked the doctor, “How’s she doing, doc?”

“She’s doing fine, Hidan. I have no doubt that she’ll make a great help for us.”

“Well, that’s fucking good to hear.”

“Someone should wash that mouth of yours.”

“Tried it, didn’t work,” said Thanerah as she continued to read the last page of the book.

The doctor arched a brow and looked at Hidan, he sighed softly and explained the story “She shove a lot of tic-tacs in my mouth while I was fucking asleep.”

“Unfortunately the plan did not go well as I hoped,” said Thanerah just as she finished the book. She closed it then turned her seat around to face the two men. “Why are you here, Hidan?”

“To pick you up.”

“Thank you very much but I know my way around here now.”

“But we need to leave now; I already reserve a table for us.”

Thanerah arched a brow, “What for?”

“For dinner, to celebrate your fucking birthday.”

Thanerah stared at Hidan shockingly because she never thought he care about her birthday. “H-How did you...”

He grinned at her, “I looked through some fucking documents from the blood sample you gave with the doc’s help” he pointed at Doctor Raze.

Thanerah smiled as she felt small tears threatening to come out but she held them back.

Hidan offered a hand to her, “Now come on. We’re going to be fucking late.”

Thanerah didn’t hesitate to accept his hand and he guided her out of the laboratory, leaving Doctor Raze with a small smirk.

--

Hidan and Thanerah walked down the hallway then she asked him, “Are you sure there are a few Jashinists around? Because I barely see any.”

Hidan glanced at Thanerah then said, “You’ll see some when we get into the restaurant.” Soon they walked through metal doors into a dark room.