Chapter 39 Mission

The ship finally landed on the ground while it was shaking a bit so Thanerah had to hold onto her seat and she felt slightly dizzy from the shaking of the ship. “We’re here. Keep your guard up everyone” warned Doctor Raze as he unbuckled himself from his seat.

Soon everyone was doing the same thing, but there were only three scientists left besides Doctor Raze and Thanerah. She sighed softly as she unbuckled herself from her seat, stood up and followed where everyone was going which was at the back of the ship.

Thanerah then noticed two more people on the ship who were wearing thick high-tech armor with helmets so it was hard to see their faces. They were also holding some guns in their arms; they stood up from the ground and said to the scientists “Make sure you don’t go too far, there are a few Ukrahs around here,” one of them went to put on the code before he bring down the switch then soon the hatch was opened. “So stay alert”

Thanerah gulped anxiously because what she could see from her point of view is that the wasteland was a ruined city with high tall buildings but it was really gloomy and dark with a few skeletons around. Thanerah could also hear the sound of the wind that sounded like faint ghost howling in the night.

She saw the four scientists preparing themselves by putting some high-tech eye scanner that is held by the ear and a small arm computer being put onto their wrist. Doctor Raze noticed Thanerah so he walked towards her “Is there something wrong?”

Thanerah just groaned softly as she looked away “I’m…a bit afraid,” soon she felt a hand on her shoulder as support

“Don’t worry, Thanerah. Everything’s going to be fine; you’ll be with a Phantom in your search.”

Thanerah glanced at the two who were watching the area up ahead with their guards up. Thanerah sighed softly before she asked Doctor Raze, “What are we looking for?”

“We’re looking for a creature; it’s very new to us so I’ve been asked by the Council to bring it in to examine it. I believe that it’s new specie of the Ukrahs.”

Thanerah gulped nervously, “A-And you don’t think this is insane?”

“Well, yes I do but I can’t refuse the orders from the top. We have to know our enemies, Thanerah. So we can make new weapons to defend ourselves.”

Thanerah sighed heavily “Well, that’s true,” she mumbled. Doctor Raze just sighed softly before he went to the weapon drawer that was opened and a few guns were gone by the scientists. Doctor Raze returned to Thanerah and passed her a small high tech gun.

“This will help you find the creature,” said Doctor Raze while Thanerah was examining it.

She sighed softly once more before she thanked Doctor Raze. Soon she was given an eye scope and an arm computer. “Be careful,” warned the Doctor

“You too.”

He smiled softly before he walked away into the dark streets of the empty dead city.

Thanerah sighed softly before she walked down the hatch to the ground and scanned the area. She saw the eye scope in her right eye with a circle looking around the area as her eyes does. *How am I going to find it in a place like this? This will take ages* thought Thanerah.

Soon a Phantom appeared on her side “Doctor Raze informed me to keep an eye on you, since you’re new and all.”

Thanerah murmured to him before she looked at the area, suddenly she heard a faint whisper “Thanerah…” she turned her head to where the sound came from.

“Did you hear that?” Thanerah asked the Phantom

“Hear what?”

Thanerah arched a brow at him “You didn’t hear something?” he shook his head.