Chapter 50 Shot

Thanerah and Hidan entered the laboratory and they only saw Doctor Raze alone doing his research in peace with a microscope and a small notebook on the table next to it. He was looking through the microscope while he was writing some notes in his book, like his hand got a mind of its own.

When he heard the doors being opened he stopped to glance at the entrance “Oh, it’s you two” greeted Doctor Raze before looking back into the microscope.

“Hey, old man.”

“I’m not any older than you, Hidan” said Doctor Raze with a small smirk after he pulled himself away from his little research for a while.

Hidan growled under his breath while glaring softly at him, “Shut the fuck up.”

Thanerah glanced between the two with a question popped into her head, she couldn’t help to ask “Um, not offense Doctor but, aren’t you supposed to be…well…”

“Young?” said Doctor Raze as to finish her trailed off sentence.

Thanerah nodded.

Hidan simply answered her “Old man over here is only half immortal. He can still age but very slowly. Since he’s not really a Jashinist; he’s only part of what’s left of the civilization here.”

“So you’re saying that to those who sacrifice or fight, they got eternal youth? Leaving the civilians only long life?”

“Bingo”

“That’s quite…upsetting.”

“Not at all” said Doctor Raze “I actually prefer being half immortal than to be young forever. Besides, I’m not really a fighting type and I’m too old for that now.”

Hidan glanced at the clock in the laboratory and cursed under his breath “I got to go,” he turned to Thanerah as she turned to face him; soon she felt a peck on her forehead “I’ll see you later,” then he pecked her lips then turned around to exit the room.

Once he was gone Thanerah was still standing there like a fool in daze to where Hidan had left. Doctor Raze couldn’t help but to be amused by this so he asked her “I can see that you two are going very well.” Thanerah flinched from the sound of Doctor Raze’s voice and nervously looked at him.

She laughed nervously while scratching the back of her head. Soon she asked him “Have you have any success with the creature?”

His face immediately beamed in excitement “Yes, look at this!” he exclaimed excitingly as he moved his chair away from the telescope to leave some room for her. She arched a brow at him but strode towards the telescope. She looked through it to see small blood cells but they seemed to be charge with blue sparks.

“I’m guessing this is the creature’s blood?”

“Yes”

She pulled herself away from the telescope to look at him “What’s so intriguing about this?”

“I’ve discovered that this creature is 2 as better than a usual Ukrah, it can almost heal instantly, super strength, super speed and super intelligent. It’s most likely new specie of the Ukrah clan”

“Where is it now?”

“In the strong cage, the Phantoms had a hard time of securing it in the cage. It nearly killed them all, luckily it only injured two”

Thanerah shivered then asked him “B-But can I see it?” Doctor Raze arched a brow

“Why?”

“I just…have this weird connection with the beast. When we were searching for it at the Wastes, I heard it calling out to me”

Doctor Raze rubbed his chin in amusement “That’s quite interesting…” soon he turned around to write something in his book like it was an urgent message. Thanerah anime sweat drop at the back of her forehead and crossed her arms on her chest as she waited for him to finish of whatever he was scribbling on that notebook of his.