Chapter 14 Heartless

Days later, Hidan was sitting on the edge of his bed while Thanerah was sleeping on the other side of the bed; he allowed her and it was three in the morning. He looked down at his torso that was still covered in bandages and thought *It should be healed by now.*

He started to unwrapped the bandages and it revealed his now healed chest. He sighed in small relief as he felt the area on his chest where the injuries use to be. *No more pain...* thought Hidan, even though everyone thought he loves the pain but to be honest he hates it, but he doesn’t want anyone to know that since it got him into the Akatsuki in the first place as a crazy masochist whose belief is within Jashinism.

Nobody knows his true self, except one. Hidan glanced at the woman who is sleeping in his bed, Thanerah was breathing softly with her mouth slightly open with her eyes close while she was in deep slumber. He didn’t like to admit it loudly but she was fairly beautiful, even though she doesn’t see herself that way; just a simple girl who joined Jashinism.

He noticed that she had begun to shiver so he grabbed the edge of the covers of the bed and brought it more over her body and tucked her in. She stopped shivering and let out a small relief sigh. He continued to watch her sleep before he got out of bed and walked to his bathroom to take a cold shower.

--

Thanerah woke up when she felt the sun on her face; she opened her eyes but had to close them back because the sun blinded her for a brief moment. She groaned deeply and opened her eyes again, her vision went clear on an instant but then suddenly saw Hidan lying next to her while looking at her.

Her eyes widened and she pushed her black hair away from her face. She greeted him with a nervous smile, “G-Good morning, Hidan.”

Hidan just continued to look at her before he replied “Morning.” Then he turned around under the covers so his back was facing her.

Thanerah arched a brow at Hidan *what’s his problem?* she sat up from her bed. Thanerah shrugged her shoulders and started to do her morning routine while Hidan just lay in bed. When Thanerah was done she return to the bed and Hidan hadn’t move an inch “...is something on your mind?” asked Thanerah but Hidan just grunted at her. Thanerah sighed heavily and ask again “Is there...someone on your mind?”

“...”

“Is there?”

“...it’s none of your fucking business” he replied coldly.

Thanerah clicked her tongue softly *typical...* thought Thanerah. Her stomach suddenly growled from hunger, she blushed from embarrassment and hugged her stomach to try to block the sound from Hidan as her stomach continued to growl uncontrollably. Suddenly she heard Hidan’s cold voice “If you’re so fucking hungry, go to the fucking kitchen already”

Thanerah growled at him and asked him while shouting a bit “What’s your problem, Hidan?! What did I do?! I didn’t do anything!!”

Hidan glared at Thanerah over his shoulder “You’re my problem,” and he looked away from her “Now get out.”

Thanerah was shocked of Hidan’s sudden cold towards her and her vision started to become blurry from upcoming tears, “You know I was beginning to think that you may actually have a heart but I was wrong! Kakuzu was right, you are heartless!!”

Hidan’s eyes widened and he sat up quickly to shout at Thanerah but she already slammed the door close behind her with a loud bang with small tears running down from her eyes.

Hidan sighed in frustration and rubbed his head with his hands, messing with his hairstyle a bit but he didn’t care *you don’t understand...you’re in my mind...but I can’t have you...*