Chapter 80 The Fire

5 centuries ago when the word ‘ninja’ was barely known in the world, a world where there were no laws, no authorities, but there was hatred. Everything was so simple with certain places only filled with a tiny village. A certain village near the special hotspring where a certain brunette hair man with purple eyes was living in.

Hidan was just a simple citizen in the small village, while wearing warm clothes because it was winter with his long brunette hair tied in a small pony-tail; it wasn’t that long, it scarcely end at his shoulders. He was putting up a fence that surrounded his little house and his only family living in there was his little brother, Koruko.

After what happened to their parents, they just simply left their old home and came to this new village to start a new life. Their father was already gone the next day when he left them as Hidan was at age of his early 20s. His brother was in his teen days.

Hidan let out a tired sigh after he was complete of putting the fence up. He rested his arm on the top of it while using the back of his free hand to wipe the small sweat off his brow. Suddenly he heard his little brother’s booming voice from behind “Big brother!!” Hidan turned around to see his little brother running towards him.

Hidan smiled at his approaching brother and when he came to a halt “Hey, what’s up?” asked Hidan as he relaxed against the new fence as light snow as pouring down from the heavens. Koruko held a digit to inform his older brother to wait for a minute.

Hidan waited until he finally caught his breath. “I-I just came to make sure that...you are keeping your promise”

“What? Teaching you how to ride Curse?” he was mentioning towards their only black mustang that was at the stables.

Koruko beamed with excitement in his red eyes, a trait from their father “Yeah!”

Hidan chuckled at his little brother’s enthusiasm and ruffled his head, he couldn’t resist it. Koruko only pouted at his older brother, “Big brother!” he whined as his cheeks started to turn pink from embarrassment, even if it was only the two of them.

After Hidan pulled his hand away from his hair he said to him “I’ll teach you one day, but not today. Maybe some other time” He collected his tools from the ground and started to walk towards the house. “Now come on, I’m making some rice balls for lunch” Koruko immediately dashed towards the house, that’s what Hidan expected, considering that Koruko loved rice balls.

--

                After lunch, Hidan was still eating the remaining rice balls, Koruko asked Hidan while he was sitting on the opposite side of the table. “Big brother...”

“Hmm?” he asked while still chewing his lunch.

“...can I ask you something?”

Hidan swallowed his food “What?” he asked mildly before taking another bite.

“You know the boys I’ve been hanging out lately?”

Hidan immediately stopped chewing his food and sent his brother a warning glance, “Koruko, how many times do we have to go over this? You can’t hang out with those boys anymore, they’re nothing but trouble” he firmly said without a doubt.

Hidan never liked the boys who Koruko called them ‘friends’. They were pretending to be friends with him but just for fun. Not really friendship. There were times when Hidan would like to beat them to a pulp, but he didn’t want anyone to think of him as a bad influence and certainly they would force him to leave. He didn’t want his little brother to be dragged for his actions.