Chapter 83 Invitation

Thanerah gasped softly when she saw extraordinary buildings with high technology while being connected with sharp rocks. Thanerah could tell that they were in a deep cave while there were large lanterns hanging by the ceiling to aluminate the city. At the ground there was a crowded city with small spaces like a market and Thanerah could see many people walking through, lights shining brightly from everyone home and shops, and loud bustling noises.

                Wraith turned to everyone with a proud grin. “Welcome to my home, everyone. Please make yourself at home but try not to break anything.”

                The Jashinists groaned and it made Wraith to chuckle softly. He turned around once more so his back was facing them and started to walk down the path towards his city.

--

                After settling the Jashinists in Wraith's city, Hidan, Thanerah and Odin were in Wraith's office with Wraith himself. The office was held in Wraith's own mansion and his study room like like a library with the walls mostly occupied by full large shelves of books; red floor carpets; large chandelier to aluminate the room; a dark wooden detailed table near the north wall with an black armchair behind it; and last a brandy set at the side with a cupboard full of glasses.

                Wraith was the first one to speak. “Now that we're all here, may I ask why half of the world is hunting you down, brother?”

                Odin sighed heavily as he eyed on his older brother. “You don't know? Haven't you seen the news?”

“I don't have the time to watch the News, I'm always busy preparing my men for what lies ahead. You should know that I've been aware of it of whatever the Council discusses about.”

                Hidan first said to him “My dad was framed for the murder of the Republic City King.”

                Wraith stared at Hidan surprisingly then turned his eyes at Odin. “Are you serious?” he asked.

                Odin sadly nodded “Yes. They wouldn't believe me that I wasn't the one who killed the King. I have no idea who would make that assumption.”

                “Why not talk to the new King? Explain to him that it wasn't you?”

                Odin stared at his brother with a hint of annoyance. “You don't think I tried that? The new King refused to speak to me but he sent his Adviser to talk to me.”

                “And?”

                “The Adviser was showing me these videos. Showing someone that looked exactly like me but everyone knows that I have barely left my office back in Hanatul City.”

                Thanerah immediately asked them “But it's not impossible for someone to form into an exact image of Odin. I mean, back in the Shinobi World, there is a transformation jutsu to put on a disguise to get past your enemies.”

                Hidan agreed with her “She's right.”

                Odin asked “But why frame ME? Of all people.”

                “...Maybe it's because you're the High Priest of Hanatul City and if you're gone, who would lead the remaining Jashinists?” asked Wraith to make a point.

                Odin nodded towards his son. “Hidan would have taken my place.”

                “Hidan?” asked Wraith with an arched brow. He turned his head to Hidan to ask him “Are you up to the task when the time comes?”