Chapter 99 Worthless

The controller cleared his throat to get everyone’s attention but he was looking at Thanerah and the rest. “I’m sorry, but I’m gonna have to scan you as well.”

Thanerah sighed heavily then she turned to her companions “Let’s get this over with, shall we?”

Tagor groaned deeply and mumbled under his breath as he crossed his arms on his chest “I hate getting scan. It makes my skin crawl.”

“Well that’s thoughtful of you” Thanerah said to him sarcastically as they walked to the next room where they’re about to be scan. Hidan went first and he looked annoyed when he was being scanned.

Tagor glared at his sister while they were waiting for their turn. “Don’t be a smart ass, Thanerah.”

“Come on, bro. I was just having fun with you. What’s the harm in that?”

He asked “My feelings?”

Thanerah softly scoffed “Don’t get all sensitive, brother.”

“I’m not being sensitive. I mostly feel offended.”

“Tch”

Hidan walked out of the scanner and the controller said “Next.”

Thanerah and Tagor glanced at each other. “You go” he said to Thanerah as he nodded towards the scanner. Thanerah smirked at her brother but proceed into the scanner. She relaxed when the machine scanned her and the result was green.

“All right, next.”

She walked to the ‘safe’ room and stood beside Hidan while looking at her brother who looked a little nervous. He took in a deep breath and entered the scanner which leaves Thunder left. Tagor stood in the scanner very tensely and Thanerah could see his lips moving which could mean that he was telling himself to calm down as they machine was scanning him.

Once he was done, he entered the ‘safe’ room. He shuddered when he entered while Thanerah was smirking widely at him and her arms crossed on her chest. “Now then, it wasn’t that bad now, was it?”

Tagor narrowed his eyes at her “Bite me.”

Both Hidan and Thanerah chuckled. Thanerah realized that Thunder is still in the scanning room so she called out to him “Come on, boy!” He tried to enter the scanner but the controller shouted.

“I’m sorry, but he has to stay here! He’s an Ukrah and Ukrahs are forbidden to enter the barrier cities!”

“It’s not really necessary! I’ll take full responsibility!” protested Thanerah.

“You don’t have the authorization to bring this Ukrah into the city. I can’t allow that to happen!”

Hidan barged in the argument “You don’t have to f**kin’ worry about your superior! I’ll take full responsibility instead!”

“I’m sorry but who are you?” asked the controller with narrowed eyes.

Hidan was going to answer but the captain barged into the argument “He is Hidan, son of the High Priest Odan. He has the authorization to proceed that includes the Ukrah.”

“Um…” the controller was speechless as he stared at the captain. Hidan smirked widely at the controller until he sighed heavily in defeat. “Very well…” he pressed a few buttons on the holographic screen and the second doors were open for Thunder to pass through. 

“Thunder!” exclaimed Thanerah happily as she embraced Thunder. He licked her face while Hidan nodded thanks to the Captain and he returned the gesture.