Chapter 71 Knight

Suddenly they heard a snapping sound from the side so the four quickly pulled out their weapons and aimed towards the sound. “Who the f**k is there?!” demanded Hidan to the darkness.

“Wait, it’s me” said a low voice and a man with rich clothes came out of the shadows.

Hidan and the other two colleagues put back their weapons and Thanerah slowly followed as the man approached them. “I was wondering where the f**k were you” mumbled Hidan and he crossed his arms on his chest.

“Sorry, I got delayed at the Bank”

“That’s not a really good excuse, Terrance” growled Mercy as she put her hands on her hips.

“Nice to see you too...” replied Terrance flatly with his arms crossed behind.

Hidan groaned softly while rolling his eyes then asked Terrance “What the f**k do you have for me?”

Terrance cleared his throat and said “I stumbled upon one of the Captains of the enemy and thankfully he was obliged to play some chess with me” Thanerah arched a brow at him “I managed to get some information that he’s here in town collecting some important equipment but he won’t tell me what”

Hidan cursed under his breath “Now we have no f**king leads...” suddenly they felt the earth shake under their feet and a loud roar was heard from the distant. The five turned their heads towards the direction to see some buildings in flames with black smoke already rising to the sky. A few homes were lit up from the sudden impact and they all heard a loud woman scream nearby.

“What in the name of the Gods is that...?” asked Terrance.

Hidan just narrowed his eyes before he said to the others “Come on. We have to check it out” they all followed Hidan to the building in flames but Terrance.

“...And I’ll be here!” he called out and none of them replied back as they ran towards the crime scene.

~*~

Thanerah’s gasped when he saw a whole building in flames and saw people throwing in water to try to bring the fire out but there was something more horrifying than that. There was a large beast that is bigger than the buildings itself and has thick muscles with fleshy skin, a small head with rough horns with sharp red glowing eyes and sharp fangs. It also had a long tail that was in flames at the tip.

Hidan cursed under his breath “Shit, another Ukrah...” he grumbled. Hidan pulled out his weapon as the rest but Thanerah just summon up her Krystol to spread across her arm with her crystal glowing.

“And this is no ordinary Ukrah...” mumbled Mercy.

Rolf glanced at the fiery building then said “I’m going to help the others and get the citizens out of here!” he didn’t bother to wait for a reply and just run off to help the citizens.

Hidan said to Mercy “Mercy, go with your brother! He can’t do this all by himself!”

Mercy glanced at him “Why shou-!!”

Hidan shouted as he glared at her “That’s an order!! Not a f**king suggestion! Now go!” Mercy cursed under her breath but obeyed. Once she was gone Hidan turned to Thanerah “You should go too”

Thanerah’s eyes widened as she stared back at him she protested “Absolutely not!” Hidan growled softly.

“I don’t want you to get involved in this...” Thanerah cupped his cheek and said to him sternly.

“I’m your WIFE and I’m helping you, whether you like it or not”

Hidan sighed heavily in defeat then they both glanced back at the Ukrah to see it destroying one of the nearby houses. It threw some large pieces of metal towards the couple and Hidan was going to cut it away but Thanerah beat him. Thanerah’s Krystol formed a large sword arm and she easily sliced it in half. She glanced at Hidan from the side and grinned widely.