Chapter 40 Found

Thanerah couldn’t understand why she couldn’t move as the Ukrahs draw closer to her. Then suddenly they stopped and they looked up when they heard some bomb. The ceiling started to fall apart to the ground and Thanerah managed to avoid them at the last minute by going to the corner.

The Ukrahs did the same thing but at the opposite side of Thanerah. Thanerah removed her hand from her eyes since it was dusty for a moment and she saw 5 men in armor. They aimed at the Ukrahs and immediately shoot them with their advance guns.

The Ukrahs were soon destroyed and then afterwards one of the soldiers turned to Thanerah. “Thanerah!” he exclaimed as he rushed to her, she immediately recognized the voice in that helmet.

He kneeled in front of her and took his helmet off “Hidan!!” she quickly wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face in his chest. Hidan hugged her back by wrapping his free arm around her waist and buried his face in her hair.

“I’m sorry, Thanerah...I should have gotten here sooner,” he whispered then Thanerah pulled away with a smile.

“At least you’re here.”

Suddenly a soldier walked behind Hidan while looking at the hallway, “Sir, we need to move. Now,” he turned the knob on his helmet and said “Ukrahs, we have incoming,” the other soldiers went tense and aimed at the front.

Hidan softly groaned at him before he looked back at his wife. “We’re going home,” he stood up from the ground with Thanerah, put his helmet on and it glowed before facing to what the others were facing at. “Stay close to me,” warned Hidan to Thanerah and she nodded.

Everything went quiet but they could hear some soft growling and faint footsteps coming towards them from the dark hallway. Suddenly someone grabbed something from her pouch that was attached to her belt “Can I burrow this, thank you” said the soldier as he took the pack of the energy detector.

He placed it in his gun and shoot at the ground. The ball of sparks reflected from the ground and bounced everywhere in the room until the whole room was covered in sparks. Soon Thanerah’s arm computer beeped red in alert “We’re surrounded!”

“No shit!”

They were surrounded by ghost Ukrahs who started to appear when they were being touched by the energetic sparks. “All right, everyone. Just relax” said Hidan as he scanned the area.

“Sir, we have to get to higher ground!”

Soon Hidan wrapped an arm around Thanerah’s waist “Jump!” they all quickly jumped back to the surface with a single leap just as the Ukrahs attacked.

When everyone got to the surface one of the soldiers took out a small cylinder device, pressed the button on the top and it turned red. It started to countdown and the solider quickly threw it into the hole.

“Let’s go!”

Everyone quickly ran towards one direction, after a while they had to stop when more Ukrahs appeared around them. “Shit” one of the soldiers cursed under their breath as they all went back to back with Thanerah in the middle.

Soon a light was shot to them and a gust of wind was spreading around. “Up here!” exclaimed someone in the aircraft and soon wires connected with buckle came down. Everyone quickly buckled themselves and Hidan wrapped an arm around Thanerah. Soon they were brought up to the aircraft before the Ukrahs went to attack but thankfully, they were out of their reach. 

Thanerah let out a sigh of relief when she got into the aircraft and Hidan released her before the floor hatch was closed. The soldiers unbuckled themselves, sat on the side and took their helmets off. Hidan continued to stand but took his helmet off while Thanerah was sitting near him.