Chapter 78 Father and Son

Hidan was looking at the city through his hotel room window. They changed hotels to be certain that they won’t be found by the guards. Lately the guards have been looking for him and his wife in the hours of the night, but after two or three hours of searching they just simply gave in.

It was nearly 4 in the morning but Hidan couldn’t sleep at all. His mind was clouded by his father’s last words while his wife was sleeping in bed...as he thought. He suddenly felt some warmth behind him and arms wrapped around hi lower torso as something soft was pressed against his back.

“What are you thinking about...?” asked Thanerah as she rested the side of her face against his masculine back. He looked at her over his shoulder to her.

“You should be sleeping...”

“I’m not that tired” she simply answered as she brushed her cold soft lips against his shoulder blade. He shuddered softly under her simple touch but his mind was more occupied with other things. She asked him once again “Are you thinking about your dad?”

“...Am I really that f**king obvious...?” he asked as he rubbed his furrow brow while his arm was resting against the glass window. He felt her nodded against his skin as she was rubbing her face against his back.

“...It’s your choice, Hidan.”

It sounded easier said than done. Hidan had no idea what he’s supposed to think, whether to let his father die for a false crime or save him. He could have save him through talking to the new King but he had no proof for Odan’s innocence. He doesn’t even know where to start to get the evidence, let alone have it all till morning.

He was still thinking of what his father told him about that night, the night when his ‘mother’ was killed. He wasn’t sure if Odan was telling the truth but he remembered he saw it through his eyes. If Odan was trying to lie about killing his mother, he would have said that without the guilt in his eyes. He saw that too.

Hidan sighed heavily as he looked at the dark sky. “I have no f**king idea of what I should do, Tha...It’s all so f**king confusing to me right now”

She didn’t answer him immediately but she was thinking hard to say something next. She sighed softly “Just follow what you think it is best. He is your father and that’s your decision alone, not mine”

Hidan turned around so she had to pull her arms away from him; he faced her as he held her shoulders. “But Tha, you’re already a part of my family since we’ve been engaged. After all, he is your father-in-law”

“But he’s your real father.”

Hidan sighed heavily as he dropped his eyes from her to the ground. Finally he made up his mind and looked back into her eyes. “Where’s the f**king phone?”

--

The next early morning, Hidan walked to the Main Square where the execution will take place. He had to be careful of what he was wearing since he didn’t want any of the guards to catch him. He was in disguise as a normal citizen but he also kept his chakra low because they can detect that as well. It’s really annoying...

Hidan entered the Main Square entrance and saw a big crowd making a ruckus before a wooden stage where the execution will take place. There were four people on it; a fat man with delicate royal robes; the second man was normal size but looked to be in his late 40s; the executioner while holding the Immortal Axe.

The weapon that can kill not only mortals, it can kill immortals as well; including Jashinists.

The forth was none other but Odan who was emotionless while his hands were bond behind his back. He wasn’t showing any sign of weakness at all. He was also weren’t a metal choker with blue glow lining which is a device to prevent him from using his Krystol to escape. Hidan pushed himself through the crowd until he was close enough to the stage. He crossed his arms on his chest as he glared up at the fat man who started to speak.