Chapter 48 Movie

Thanerah stared at Hidan shockingly and everything seemed to have frozen with dead silence. Thanerah managed to find her voice but stuttered hoarsely in disbelief “Wh-What…?”

His stare hardened and he glared at the floor “My father murdered my mother, that’s why I fucking hate him so much…”

“B-But why?” she asked

“He said I won’t understand him if he tells me”

“B-But even now?” she asked again

“Look, my father and I barely talk anything besides business. Nothing more”

“T-There’s got to be an explanation to all this, I mean he couldn’t have killed your mother for no reason” her eyes widened “Could it?”

“…I don’t know but that won’t change the hatred I have for him”

Everything went quiet once again until Hidan said “Dinner’s going to get cold…”

Thanerah’s jaw tightened and she opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out. She closed her mouth and grunted softly at the back of her throat. She pulled herself away from Hidan and sat into the dining table. She looked at him to see that he was in deep space

“Aren’t you going to eat?” she asked softly as she looked at him with concern.

He snapped out from the train of his thoughts and looked at Thanerah “U-Um, I’ll…skip dinner tonight. I’m not hungry anymore” he walked to the dining table to collect his full plate then went into the kitchen. He put his dinner inside the fridge to save it for later.

*Hidan…* Thanerah thought with sympathy as she watched her husband being in pain from his memories. Even though he doesn’t show it, she somehow could feel he’s in pain, deep in his heart.  

“Hidan?” she tried to get him to respond to her but he just ignored her and walked away into the bedroom. Thanerah heard the door closed softly and she let out a heavy sigh.

*Now I’m not hungry…* she thought as she played with her food a little with her fork.  She sighed in defeat and took one bite of her mash potato. She stood up from her seat, grabbed her plate and went into the kitchen to also put her food away into the cold fridge.

She silently walked down the hallway towards the closed bedroom door. She stopped in front of the door and hesitated to knock on it. She pulled her hand away from the surface of the door *Maybe I should give him some alone time…* she thought.

But the more she thought about it, the more she felt eager to enter to comfort her husband.  She cursed under her breath as she pushed her raven hair away from her face *Screw this…* she opened the door silently as her stomach turned nervously but that didn’t stop her.

She looked inside the room to see Hidan sitting on the edge of the bed while looking at something in his hands. She silently entered the room and closed the door softly behind her. She already knew that Hidan sense her presence because he slightly glanced at her over his shoulder before looking back at the object in his hands.

“Thanerah, I need some time alone…”

“…” she just stayed silent then she walked around the bed and sat next to Hidan. She saw the picture of his mother and little brother then her eyes soften. She wrapped her arms around his arm and leaned her head on his shoulder. He glanced at her from the corner of his eyes but he didn’t say anything and just returned his eyes to the picture.

“…you didn’t eat anything?”

“Not hungry anymore”

“Because of me?” he asked as he glanced at her from the corner of his eyes. Thanerah looked back at him before she diverted her eyes.