Chapter 67 Lunch

Thanerah was scribbling something in her small leather-cover notebook as she was examining the five spirits they caught; thanks to the werewolf survivors they were quickly making the process. It was a good thing because the Council sees this as a frown upon of Spirits; they don’t really believe that everything has a spirit. As much as they protested Dr. Raze utterly disagree with them and is determine to prove them wrong. Thanerah felt honored to be working with Dr. Raze and she is more than happy to help him as much as she can.

Her big brother, Tagor, was sent to scan the city to find the sixth spirit. While the rest were either looking for the seventh or eighth. It was quite hard to find them. Thanerah’s hand felt tired of writing and her eyes felt stinging from staring at the paper so tensely. She closed her eyes and rubbed them softly to ease the stinging. When she reopened her eyes she looked outside the window and wondered *I wonder what Hidan’s thinking right now…*

She felt something playing with her black hair so she turned her head to look but saw nothing. She smiled since it has been going on like this, at first she was scared when she was little but then she got to use to it until now. Now she knows who it really was. She returned her eyes to the window and mumbled with a soft smile“…Hi dad”

She felt the tugging feeling became a little stronger but it was gentle. Soon she felt some warm presence behind her and something warm was resting on her right shoulder. Soon she felt some warm lips pressed against the side of her temple but still she saw nothing but she knew who it really was. This increased her smile until the metal doors were suddenly opened.

“Thanerah, are you all right?” she turned her head to see none other but Dr. Raze. She immediately felt the warm sensation disappeared. “Thanerah?” asked Dr. Raze once more as he arched a brow.

Thanerah snapped out of her thoughts and asked Dr. Raze “Y-Yeah?” she stuttered.

“Your brother is on his way right now. I just got a call from him”

“Oh, okay”

Dr. Raze soon left. Thanerah sighed heavily and returned her eyes to her notebook and scribbled some more while Thunder was sleeping beside her feet.

Later on, as she expected, Tagor came into the room while holding a container of spider. Thanerah squeaked loudly as she felt a cold chill running through her spine. Thunder immediately woke up from her loud squeal and immediately went into fighting stance in high alert.

Tagor arched a brow but his lips were trembling since he was trying not to laugh. “I-it’s okay, Thanerah” he waved the contained spider softly “It’s only a spider”

“A fucking SPIDER!!” squeaked Thanerah as she used the notebook as a shield. “Get that thing away from me!! I hate spiders!!”

“Oh come on, Thanerah. Grow up!”

“No, I won’t!!”

Tagor sighed heavily and placed the container on the table with the rest. “When you’re done squeaking and deafening my ears, examine it quickly. Dr. Raze is preparing a presentation for the Council tomorrow and he would like you to join him”

Thanerah immediately forgotten the spider and asked while pointing herself “Me?” Tagor nodded as he crossed his arms on his chest. Then suddenly a ringing phone of ‘I’m too sexy’ was heard. Thanerah arched a brow at him with a playful smirk on her face. Tagor just blushed from embarrassment and hold a finger at her as he used his free hand to get his ringing phone.

“…my friend set it himself” Tagor simply said and quickly answered the phone “Hello?”

Thanerah giggled behind the back of her hand while Thunder was grinning widely. Tagor murmured a few things before he closed the phone and said to Thanerah with a small smirk “Your husband is coming” soon Thanerah walked past him and dumped her notebook and pen in his chest.

“Here” she simply said and he huffed from the unexpected impact of shoving the notebook and pen in his chest. He held them as she walked out of the room quickly. After the doors were closed he glanced at Thunder to see him growling softly at him.

“Oh shit…”

Thanerah quickly entered the teleportation platform and the floor immediately glowed. She covered her eyes until the glow disappeared, then she saw Hidan and Bansu. Thanerah didn’t hesitate to run towards Hidan and surprisingly hugged him. He let out a huff and he lost his balance so he and Thanerah fell to the floor.

“Oof!!” yelped Hidan as he landed on the floor on his back and Thanerah landing on him. His lips were soon covered by Thanerah as she wrapped her arms tightly around his neck. He muffled against the kiss for a second but soon he smirked and kissed back as he wrapped his strong arms around her.

Bansu sighed heavily “I’ll report to the High Priest…” he grumbled as he walked away.

Hidan opened an eye as he saw Bansu walking away then pulled away from the kiss. He grinned widely at Thanerah “Someone’s been missing me terribly…” he sang in a teasing matter as he tightened his hold around her.

She blushed and buried her face in his neck. He chuckled and quickly stood up from the ground while carrying Thanerah bridle-style. He smirked at few of the staff who was looking before he walked out of the room with his wife.

When they entered their apartment Hidan immediately asked Thanerah “Where the fuck is that fucking mutt of yours?” Thanerah turned around to softly glare at him. He sighed heavily and re-said “Okay, okay. Where is he?”

Thanerah replied “He’s with Tagor” she glanced at the clock “Which reminds me that I need to get back to the Science Wing” she already started to walk towards the door but Hidan blocked her path.

“Oh come on, Thanerah. I just got back from a fucking mission!”

Thanerah shook her head and tried to walk pass Hidan but he moved in sync with her so he was blocking every path she tries. She stopped to sigh softly in frustration. “Come on Hidan, Dr. Raze is going to be angry at me if I don’t show up”

Thanerah finally managed to walk past him when he was going to say something. The door was opened but she was blocked when an arm crossed the doorway. “Okay, just have lunch with me then. After that you can go back to whatever the fuck you were doing” Thanerah narrowed her eyes at him

“You just don’t give up that easily, do you?”

He winked at her with a grin “Not my style, babe”

She sighed heavily and nodded “Fine” she pecked his lips. Hidan grinned in victory and pulled his arm away from the doorway and hold an arm out for her.

“Shall we?”

Thanerah let out a small laugh before she wrapped her arms around his offered one and they walked out of the apartment together.