Chapter 37 Gift

Thanerah was walking towards the elevator in the middle of the day in Hanatul City. ‘Another normal day, sigh’ thought Thanerah as she stood in front of the elevator and pressed the button to summon it. She waited until it finally arrived.

She entered through the opened glass doors and was about to close until it was suddenly stopped by a simple hand that prevented the doors to close. “Were you really going to get away from me that fucking easily?”

Thanerah smiled softly as Hidan pushed the doors open before entering. “Morning to you too” greeted Thanerah as he stood by her side and the elevator glass doors finally closed. Hidan pressed the laboratory button and the glass elevator immediately went down in a swift movement.

“Any problems down there?” asked Hidan, just to start a conversation.

Thanerah glanced at her husband from the corner of her eyes before looking back at the fast passing floors as they went down. “Not at all, thank you for your concern”

Hidan let out a small laugh which made Thanerah to slightly arch a brow at him. “Of course I’m fucking concern; you are my wife after all.”

Thanerah smiled softly, he always give make her stomach to flip whenever he mentioned that she’s his wife. Suddenly the elevator stopped and the glass doors were opened. “This is my stop,” she walked out of the elevator but then turned around to face Hidan.

“What are you going to do?”

“I’m going to have to leave Hanatul City to get some fucking reports from one of the GRIMs in the nearest town. I’ll be back before dinner.”

He was going to close the elevator but then Thanerah said, “Hidan!” he glanced up at her to see that she looked worried “Be careful.” Hidan smirked softly before closing the elevator glass doors. He waved at her before he went up to go through the teleportation.

Thanerah looked up as much as possible from her view while pressing her hand against the closed second elevator glass doors. “May Lord Jashin be with you…” whispered Thanerah as a silent prayer to her husband. 

Soon she heard a voice behind her, “Thanerah?” she turned her head to see Doctor Raze

“Doctor Raze.”

He arched a brow at her, “Are you all right, Thanerah? You look distracted by something.”

Thanerah fidget with her fingers and looked back at the glass elevator closed door. “It’s Hidan, he’s going away…”

“Ah” the doctor took a few steps closer to place a reassuring hand on her shoulder “Don’t worry, he’ll be all right. He’s too arrogant and stubborn to die.”

Thanerah let out a small laugh with a wide smile, “Thank you.”

The doctor released her shoulder and turned towards the laboratory “Come on, we still have some unfinished work to do.” 

--

Thanerah was taking a few notes into a small notebook while looking through a high tech telescope, researching into living organisms from a single human tissue. Thanerah was fascinated by it, then she heard Doctor Raze’s voice, “Thanerah,” She pulled away from the telescope to face the doctor.

“Yes?”

“It’s time to go home, and you should go. The others already left an hour ago,” said the Doctor as he was sealing some parchments from an opened cupboard.

Thanerah smiled and said, “It’s all right, Doctor Raze. I like to stay a bit longer to examine these,” she mentioned towards the different living organism in the small plate cases.

 The doctor let out a small laugh as he locked the cupboard with a code and a card. Then he turned to Thanerah, “Can you make sure the doors are locked after you leave?”

“Yes Doctor Raze.”

He walked towards the doors and it slide opened for him, “Good night.”

“Night doc.”

Then he was gone with the slide doors closed behind him. Thanerah returned to her work but after she took a glimpse outside and managed to find an opening of the stairs, despise the dark clouds.

“Beautiful…” but it soon it was washed over by the pack of dark clouds. Thanerah sighed heavily in disappointment before looking back into the telescope.

--

Thanerah was typing a few documents of her report into the computer, still in the lab. She typed in silence with the sound of her fingers tapping on the keyboard nonstop. Suddenly her eyes were covered, she quickly react by grabbing her intruder’s hands and twisted it as she stood up while facing her intruder.

The intruder grunted as he was force to go onto his one knee while looking up at Thanerah with his hand slightly twisted in her grasp. Thanerah’s eyes slightly widened when she realized that it was Hidan.

“Hidan…”

He smirked widely, “No shit. And nice reflexives, at least I don’t need to fucking worry of defending yourself.”

Suddenly he grasped her wrist and pushed her down on the ground with him on top of her. She gasped in surprise and nearly suffocated, due that he was nearly putting his entire weight on her.

 “But you may need some more fucking practices,” he said with a wide smirk on his face.

Thanerah softly glare at him, “Can you get off of me, Hidan?”

His smirk dropped into a deep frown, “What? No welcome kiss?” he whined like a little child.

Thanerah rolled her eyes “Hidan, you’re not a child anymore. Stop acting like one and get off me! You’re suffocating me!”

He suddenly pushed himself against her and she gasped in surprise “Not before a fucking kiss.”

Thanerah sighed heavily in defeat, “Fi-Hmf!” she was cut off when Hidan crashed his lips onto hers.

Well, I did miss him’ thought Thanerah as she closed her eyes and kissed back.

Hidan lifted himself above Thanerah so he wouldn’t suffocate her; he moved his lips gracefully onto hers and caressed her cheek softly with the back of his fingers. Thanerah cupped his face then interlock her fingers with his silver soft hair.

Thanerah moaned softly when he caressed her tongue with his softly until he pulled away. Thanerah panted from the kiss with her cheeks flushed and her eyes heavily lidded. Hidan pushed a few black hairs from her face while looking down at Thanerah with a small smile.

“Did you miss me?” he asked softly and Thanerah weakly nodded with a gulp.

Then he sat up properly with her in his arms and stood up with her. Her legs slightly trembled, still traumatized by the kiss. “I got you something.”

Thanerah arched a brow as Hidan pulled his arms away from Thanerah and dug his hand into his inside jacket pockets. He pulled out a small box wrapped in light purple paper with a dark purple ribbon.

“Here”

Thanerah accepted the parting gift then she asked him, “What is this for?”

He arched a brow at her, “For your birthday, of course.”

Thanerah smiled softy then went to the desk to open the gift. Hidan watched as she opened it then she gasped softly when she saw what was inside. It was small earrings but they were made out of crystals with blooming petals and the color spreading from the inside of the middle.

“So?”

Thanerah turned to look at Hidan then suddenly hugged him tightly around the waist. “I love it.”

Hidan smiled softly then wrapped his arms around her in embrace. “Glad you like it.”