Chapter 55 Chess

Hidan walked down the grand hallways filled with illumined lights above his heads as the windows were draped with red thick curtains, the floor covered by a big red carpet with golden lining at the edges on both side and old paintings and statues of great warriors of Jashinists. Finally Hidan stopped in front of the two grand metal doors where his father’s office is held. He groaned deeply then took in a deep breath.

*Lord, help me…* he prayed to Lord Jashin mentally as the doors opened to let him enter.

After walking through two more metal doors – as security – he finally walked through the last door. The guards went slightly tense from the sound of the opening doors but when they realized that it was the General they relaxed.

Hidan stopped and crossed his arms behind him as the metal doors closed. “You want to see me?” he asked with a small growl while glaring at the floor.

He didn’t dare to look up at his father who was sitting behind the desk that is made out of dark wood with some pure gold details while drinking a glass of brandy. His desk was neatly organized with paperwork and such, a full wall of book shelves that were filled with organized books; a few statues and paintings around as decorations but Hidan didn’t care.

Hidan’s father – The High Priest and his name is Odan – he look old enough to be a father but nonetheless was far older as he may seem to be. He lived longer than Hidan – of course – and was a High Priest for countless centuries.

“Yes,” he glanced at his son with his red eyes, Hidan got his by his mother but the hair was nonetheless the same. Odan’s silver hair was longer but it was tied in a low pony-tail. He wore delicate robes as a High Priest but not those long robes that could make you trip; just until his ankle.

The robes were mixed with red, yellow and haze but it fit perfectly for the High Priest. Just like his son, his chest is slightly exposed and he was quite fit even though he rarely goes outside to do what he used to do in his younger days when he was a Phantom Jashinist.

Hidan growled with a small sneer “What the fuck do you want?”

“Hidan, how many times do I have to tell you about that mouth of yours?” Odan asked while softly glaring at his son, even though he wasn’t looking at him eye to eye; as always. Odan groaned softly at the back of his throat and thought with a small glare *Stubborn boy…*

Hidan’s hands on his back turned into a fist, holding the urge to walk to his father to beat him up senseless for the crime that haunted him since that day, but he managed to hold down his hunger and growled once more “What do you want?”

Odan didn’t answer immediately but instead said to the guards that were standing at the corners of the room. “Leave us for a moment,” they both didn’t question him and just bow their heads then walked out of the office as commanded. After they left Odan stood up from his desk and walked towards the table of chess with two chairs available at the side of the room. “What’s wrong with having a small moment with my son who I haven’t seen for 2 centuries?”

Hidan glared at him from the corner of his eyes as his jaw tightened but he didn’t say a word. Odan sat in the chess table and mentioned Hidan to sit on the other. Hidan narrowed his eyes at suspicion but however obeyed Odan’s silent offer. After Hidan sat on the side of the black pieces of the chess, Odan first made his move.

“So…I heard that you’ve been bonded with someone.” Odan tried to start a conversation with his only living son but he didn’t reply.

Hidan continued to look at him in suspicion then move a piece as it was his turn of the chess.

“Come now, Hidan. Have you lost your voice? You were speaking fine a moment ago” Odan said nonchalantly as he made his move on the chess table.