Chapter 72 Assailant

Thanerah took out her phone and dialled some numbers. “What the fuck are you doing?” asked Hidan as he rubbed the nook of his neck and shoulder. He felt entirely sore after he return back to normal from that weird Knight transformation, it was unexplainable.

“I’m calling my brother to alert the High Priest” Thanerah was stopped when Hidan grabbed her hand that was holding the phone.

“No” he replied sternly with firm eyes.

Thanerah arched a brow at him “Why not? The High Priest is in danger and if he’s gone the religion is doomed” she tried to reason with him.

“You don’t think I fucking know that, Thanerah?” he growled and he suddenly tightened his hold around her. She winced in pain, the pain in her heart. She felt nothing from her hand but the tight grip but it didn’t matter to her.

“Hi-Hidan, you’re hurting me” not physically, but emotionally.

He growled with a sneer “How many fucking times do I have to tell you?! Get over with the fucking pain already!” he suddenly shouted at her face.

SLAP!

Hidan stared at the side in shock, as do the rest. He could feel his left cheek going numb and he had no doubt that it had a red hand-print on it. Hidan didn’t care of the stinging numbing pain from his cheek but he felt like a knife has stabbed him in the heart.

Thanerah was shocked as well and she had no idea of how she could do that to him, Hidan, her husband, the man she fell in love. She felt her heart thumping painfully in her ribcage and when she slapped him, she felt her heart agonizing.

She quickly pulled her hand away from his grip which loosened from being shocked of the slap. She quickly turned around to run down a path of the city. “H-Hey!! Wait!!” called out Mercy but Thanerah continued to run. She wanted none of them to see the heavy tears running down from her cheek as the sky turned grey with the clashes of thunder.

Thanerah ran and ran until she couldn’t take it anymore. She fell onto her knees on the ground and bend over so her forehead was pressed on the ground. Soon her shoulder started to shake from sobbing with thick heavy tears running down from her eyes like small rivers.

After two minutes she finally stopped crying. She took a few breathes before she sat up. She wiped the small tears with the back of her hand but she couldn’t ignore the feeling of pain coming from her heart. *I-I thought...he could love me...how could I love a man like that who would treat me like that...he never acted this way before...* she recall the argument then finally came into realization *...he always gets angry whenever somebody mentions his father. I understand but did he have to lash it out of me...like I was nothing to him...?*

She noticed her crystal glowing softly. She wondered “Syvolah...?” soon her diagram appeared behind her and Syvolah came out in response. Thanerah looked back to the ground, still recalling the argument with Hidan. She heard Syvolah growling softly then a soft nudge on the back of her head. She smiled softly and turned to face Syvolah. She suddenly hugged her mouth, in an awkward way but Syvolah stayed still while eyeing on Thanerah.

“Syvolah, please take me home...”

Thanerah looked at the sky with the sun barely rising at the horizon while she was lying on Syvolah who was flying towards Hanatul City. She didn’t dare to go back to Hidan to take the ship back home because it would be awkward and it will only increase the pain in her heart.

She turned to the side and used her arms as a pillow. She watched the clouds go by as they fly until Thanerah asked Syvolah through telepathy. *Syvolah...?*