Chapter 28 Gate

The ship stopped at the harbour that was mostly covered by snow and ice. Thanerah could see that the land was covered in snow. She shivered by the cold as light snow was falling from the skies; she glared at Hidan who button up his black coat fully so he could keep himself warm.

“What?”

“You could have told me to bring a jacket before,” growled Thanerah.

Hidan shrugged his shoulders softly and said, “It slipped off my fucking mind.”

Thanerah groaned deeply until they both heard Captain’s Kraze’s voice, “You better get going! I have other business I need to finish!”

“Yeah, yeah!” said Hidan without a care and he jumped off the ship to the icy harbour but he didn’t seem to have any problem with it. Thanerah turned into a werewolf and jumped off the ship to the harbour as well, but when she did landed she accidently slipped and landed flatly on her stomach with a huff.

Hidan grinned widely and laughed hysterically at Thanerah; she growled at him and tried to stand up but slipped once more on her stomach.

*This is not funny!!* Thanerah screamed in her head as she glared up at him.

Soon the ship moved away while Captain Kraze was shouting at them, “Good luck!” then he was gone.

Thanerah tried to stand up once more and she successfully did but when she tried to walk she slipped once more. *Argh!! Why does the floor have to be so slippery?!* she asked herself with an angry mental expression.

Hidan finally calmed down then walked to Thanerah’s side without slipping, as if he was walking in a clear day. When he got to her side he wrapped his arms around his torso, “Come on” he said with a grunt when he lifted Thanerah up but she didn’t dare to move.

Hidan sighed heavily and suddenly pushed her so she was sliding towards the land of snow. *Whoa! Whoa! Who-Oof!* thought Thanerah as she hit into the large pack of snow. She popped her head off the surface of the snow while she was covered by it, then she heard Hidan walking to her side.

“Come on, Thanerah. Moving your hairy ass already,” ordered Hidan as he shoved his hands in his jacket pockets. Thanerah just glared at him before she managed to get out from the pile of snow and shake herself to get the snow off her.

Thanerah looked around to see a waste land covered in snow, she turned her head to arch a brow at him in confusion. *I don’t see any city,* thought Thanerah but of course Hidan couldn’t hear them but he knew what she was asking so he answered.

“It’s not here, Thanerah. We have to walk to the North to the Gate.”

*The Gate?* asked Thanerah while she titled her head to the side.

He sighed heavily and answered, “You’ll fucking see when we get there”. He walked away from her towards the north, and she went after him.

After a while of just walking to the north through the thick snow, Thanerah was bored while Hidan was just quiet which is very unusual for him. So far, Thanerah hasn’t see an small villages, in fact she didn’t see any other living people besides them, also no animals; just a waste land with dried up trees.

*What kind of land is this? It looks like nobody had been set foot on this place for years!* thought Thanerah as she looked around. Suddenly she was covered by a pile of snow from above, *Hey!!* she screamed mentally before she popped her head up from the surface.

Hidan stopped to look at her and he smirked widely. “I can see that luck is against you,” said Hidan with amusement but Thanerah wasn’t.

Thanerah walked out of the snow again and shake herself off it. *How far is this ‘gate’?!* thought Thanerah angrily, she glared up at Hidan and he arched a brow at her.