Chapter 17 Cold

Thanerah titled her head once more to Hidan. *What is he talking about?

When Hidan saw her confused expression he answered, “We need to get to Hanatul as soon as possible, right?”

Thanerah nodded.

“Our only ride is through those mountains,” he pointed towards the two mountains and Thanerah looked.

She returned to look at Hidan and screamed mentally *Are you damn serious?!!*

Hidan answered just like he could read her mind, “Yes, I’m serious.”

Thanerah growled under her breath since she is still a wolf and doesn’t want to turn back because then she’ll be naked. She just huffed while looking away from Hidan *This is ridiculous!!*

Hidan sighed heavily and said “Look, I just want to fucking show you, that all. We need to prepare our stuff if we want to get out of here before the Akatsuki finds out that we quit unexpectedly,” explained Hidan as he crossed his arms on his chest.

She growled at him.

He sighed heavily and rubbed the bridge of his nose “That’s not a fucking answer...” he grumbled under his breath. Then he took his cloak out and threw it on her.

She tilted her head to the side at Hidan.

He answered “Turn back into a human, Thanerah! I can’t speak wolf-ish!”

Thanerah growled at him and shook her head.

Hidan arched a brow and asked “What? What’s the fucking matter now?”

Thanerah whimpered as she scratched the floor with her paw.

Hidan had no idea of what she’s trying to say, “I’m not getting anywhere with this.”

Thanerah groaned loudly before she tried to show him, she went tense with her eyes shut tightly until after 2 minutes she got tired and let out a big huff.

Hidan only titled his head to the side until it clicked in his mind “You...can’t turn back?”

Thanerah quickly nodded.

His jaw dropped in disbelief, “You’re fucking telling me that you have no control of your form?!!”

Thanerah nodded in shame.

He groaned at the back of his throat before he grabbed his cloak from Thanerah and put it back on. “This is unbelievable...” grumbled Hidan.

Thanerah only whimpered at him.

Hidan looked at the two mountains once again and said to Thanerah, “But that doesn’t matter anyway, we’re going”

Thanerah dropped her head as Hidan started to walk away towards the two mountains that he mentioned. *This will be a long time...argh, I hope I can cope through this* thought Thanerah as she followed Hidan.

Hidan and Thanerah walked for hours until the sky have darkened; Hidan stopped and said to her, “We’ll rest for the night.”

Thanerah screamed mentally *Finally!!* And she dropped herself flat on the ground while panting like a dog.

He turned his head to her when he heard a ‘thud’ sound behind him and he smirked a bit when he saw her. “Tired?”

Thanerah sent him a glare but couldn’t say anything.

“I’ll get us some firewood,” then Hidan walked into the woods, leaving Thanerah behind, alone.