~Chapter 9~

-Lisa-

Now I know I should be the bigger person and not worry about this bitch that came to my house talking about my husband is her baby's daddy. But that wouldn't be me if I didn't. Something told me to check her out and to my surprise what do I find out about her? That's right she's Andre's wife's sister of all people. Now why would she be scamming on Shawn, I mean that ain't helping her sister, cause she'd lose her husband to me. That's if I wanted his ass in the first place. And don't think for a minute I didn't double check his story, he definitely does have cancer and is getting treatment for it. His wife is another question though, she's been spending a whole bunch of time out of state at random times. Not that it's really any of my business, but how yo man gon be sick and you randomly in Texas or California? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Can I help you ma'am? Yes I am here to see Chantel. Is she expecting you? Yeah I should have an appointment with her. Oh okay well just take a seat and I'll let her know you are here. You do that I said taking a seat. I waited for like 10 minutes before she sent me back to her office. Come in it'll be just a minute she said not facing me. I walked in and looked around at her office, hmph trying to play the family roll I thought to myself. I looked at the picture on her desk of the baby that she claimed to be Shawn's all huddled up with some dark as night nigga. She was dead wrong for trying to pass him off as Shawn's, knowing damn well that baby don't look nothing like him.

How can I...Oh it's you! Yeah it's me, how you doing Chantel? Look I'll call the security if you are here to cause trouble. You really think I'd come to your place of business with all these white folks and hurt you? Oh no sweetie I'd just blow up your car or something. She looked at me with a scared face. I am joking, but don't test me. I really came to give you this I said sitting the envelope on her desk. And what's that? The DNA test you know to see if Shawn is actually your son's father. Funny thing is when I matched up the paperwork you gave me with the paperwork he gave me and yours seemed a little off for some reason.

She didn't say anything she just stood there. Okay well since you don't want to say anything, my husband and I would like pursue full custody of his child. CUSTODY, he ain't even the daddy! What was that, I said smirking at her sudden outburst? She sucked her teeth and eyed me. Just tell me who put you up to and maybe I won't hurt you. She didn't say anything she just stood there like a statue. Chantel I am going to tell you this one time and one time only you mess with me or my husband again your son will be in the protection of CPS, you got it. Have a nice day I said walking out the office.

Hey babe! Hey where you at? Just running a few errands before I go to Ro's for my shift. Oh okay. What's up? I had a question. Okay! Where you put the ice cream scooper? Really Shawn! What I don't want you bitching me out about bending your spoons. Watch the language around my babies, and the ice cream scooper is in drawer by the toaster. Thanks babe! Mhm. I'll see you later. Definitely! Now that I got that handled on to my next job and that's my shift with Ro. Never thought I'd see the day when I'd have to come and take care of her, but things change and in the end she'll always be my sister.

How is the patient I said to Tyree? She's resting you made perfect timing I got a few errands to run. No problem go on I got her. I'll be back in a few hours tops, Noelle is getting Naya from dance practice and Bryson is with his dad. Okay I said settling in. I went to the room to see Ro passed out in the bed. Poor Roro the babies and the medicine are kicking her ass for real.

-Ti-

Isn't this nice, I said as we laid on the beach in St. Petersburg. It's just what I needed work was starting to get on my last nerve. Is it stressful babe she said holding my hand? Beyond belief but I love what I do I just don't like the people I work with. I know how you feel, I've dealt with it before. I am glad you suggested this though I've been thinking about some stuff that I wanted to talk to you about. You talk to Noelle about it first? No I didn't, this is some stuff that don't really affect her. It affects me though? Yeah it does, she said looking at me. What's on your mind baby? Are you attached to living in Atlanta? Why? I don't know I just feel like sometimes I don't want to be in the south anymore. Where you want to go? Chicago! Chicago, Liv! Yeah I miss it and the city life. I don't know babe raising kids in Chicago is scary. So what about Iowa then? I raised an eyebrow at her, Iowa. Yeah your home state it would be great to raise our kids in a suburb with a big yard and...wait wait Liv Chicago and Iowa, what's really going on?