~ Chapter 53~

~Tyriq~

It's been a year now since Noelle and I reconnected. Things went faster than I expected, then again, I should have expected them to go that way because Noelle and I have always had that incredible connection and we've always moved fast even when she tried to slow us down. From the first time I laid eyes on her at the swimming pool that day to the day she punched me for sticking my tongue in her mouth I knew she was different and that she'd be my wife. The day I left her at that airport was the biggest mistake of my life, I should have never left her there, but I was caught in a tough spot her or my daughter. I chose Elizabeth, hoping that one day I'd have that second chance with Noelle. And now I do and I am not going to let it slip through my fingers. I looked at the ring one more time before sticking it back in the box and going into the jewelry shop.

Bout time you came I thought you were going to punk out. Now why would you think that I said laughing as I hugged Ti. Well when you said you wanted to make that move I thought for sure you'd run. Naw I am not running no more. Let me see it she said pointing to the box in my hand. I still like the original ring that I bought Noelle, but I wanted to customize it more than before. Ooo this is nice. Yeah but I want to make it special for her. What's your budget? Money ain't a thing when it comes to her. She looked at the ring and nodded. Alright you know she's not a traditional type so this diamond gotta go. I thought that too. She not traditional but she ain't way out there either, I can't propose with no twigs and shit. Hell naw I'd beat yo ass for even thinking about doing some shit like that. My baby sister deserves only the best. She's not a baby no more though Ti. She'll always be my baby sister even when we are in our 70's doing the electric slide at one of yall's grandkids birthday party. Wow the electric slid huh! You know what I mean, and you know I must really trust you to let you have another chance with Noelle. Mhmph you know you love my ass. Like the annoying little brother you are she said hitting me in the shoulder. On the serious note Tyriq please, please do not hurt her I don't think she could take it. I won't hurt her. I promise you that. Okay then she said nodding.

Ahh Mr. Bridges you're back. Yeah I want to customize this ring. Okay well what do you want to do to it? Ditch the diamond you got Amethyst. Amethyst that's different? Yeah well, my girlfriend isn't your average girl she's different. Alright well the Amethyst stone is about 150o. I can do that I said nodding. You know Mr. Bridges it's interesting that you picked Amethyst. And why is that? It's a healing stone, it has healing properties a lot of spiritualists keep it around ward off evil and bad spirits. I looked at Ti and we both knew it was the right decision. That's it Tyriq that the one. I know, and the wedding band can you put in an inscription. We sure can. I jotted down what I wanted before handing him the ring box. He read it and then looked up at me. That was a good song he said walking off with a smile on his face.

You ready to roll? We're waiting on one more person. One more person, I said with a raised eye brow. Yeah here she is now she said smiling at...wait is that Lisa or Tasha? Hey Tasha! Hey Tionne! Hey lover boy! It's definitely Tasha. After our week in Tampa she started calling me lover boy. Hey Tasha, what you doing in the A, I clearly remember you living in Cali? What a bitch can't travel? Naw just didn't think you'd pop up on the east coast that quick. Don't clock me worry about your girl and I am on important business. Hey, my bad I said throwing up my hands in defense. I had him pull some rings for you Tasha, Tionne said. Great. Wait you about to pop the question to Zora? You catch on quick lover boy.

What is Zora like? What does she like in jewelry? She's simple but she likes the finer things in life. She sounds like Noelle. Of course, they sisters they act just alike sometimes. What about this one I said holding up a simple emerald cut diamond. That's nice but it needs more bling and wait she said pulling out her phone. She likes round cut rings. She sent you with a list? Naw I've been noticing things that she says and thank god for this Pinterest app cause she had all these rings already marked on it. That's a nice ass ring. You telling me I priced that bitch out and it's a pretty penny. Thomas! Yes Mr. Bridges? You have a ring like this? Umm yes we do, its apart of our vintage collection he said opening one of the other display cases. He pulled out the ring and handed it to me. This the one I said handing it to Tasha? She looked at it and smiled. That's the one she said playing with it. Here she said handing him the black card. You care to know how much it is? Price doesn't matter. I wanna know Tionne said. It's $20K! Damn you got that Tasha. Money ain't a thang when it comes to my other half she said smiling as she looked at the ring. After paying for the rings we decided to go and grab a bite to eat.