Chapter 8

Zach's Pov:

I see her just laying in the hospital bed, not having any idea what she looks like. She looks beautiful. She looks peaceful beside the fact she has tubes hooked to her all over. Jack said he was gonna stay with her, but I wanted to. I went home for a couple hours to get some sleep and I'm gonna go back in the morning to see her.

**The Next Morning**

I wake up and get dressed and do everything I gotta do to get ready. After I'm finished, I get an uber ride to the hospital. Once I'm there, I check in at the front desk and they gave me a visitors pass.

I walk down the hall and I finally reach her door, which felt like it took hours to get there but, in reality it was only two minutes. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and check the time, 7:30am. I knew she would still be asleep but, I knocked on the door anyways. Jack answered the door and let me in. He walked away and sat on the couch that was in her room.

I walked up to Oakley, I held her hand in mine and kissed her cheek. She layed  there so peacefully. She looks a little uncomfortable because she had an oxygen tube around her nose and face, and she had an i.v. in her hand. I pulled a chair up beside her and sat down in it and continued to hold her hand.

"Zach, I'll be right back, I'm gonna go call her parents." Jack said standing up and walking out the door.

I looked over at Oakley and to my surprise, she was looking at me. She was holding my hand back, linking our fingers together. Her hands were so soft  and smooth.

"I'm so sorry, if you don't wanna be here you can go." She said.

"It's okay, as long as you're okay. And I'm not going anywhere. Not for a while." I said back to her. I leaned down and kissed her on the forehead.

Jack walked back in the room and he seen Oakley was awake.

Oakley' s POV:

I woke up in the middle of the night and Jack was beside me, I slid over in my bed so he could sleep in my bed with me. We did that all the when we were back home. I fell asleep and woke up around 7:30-ish and my hand was in Zach's.

I told Zach something and he said something back, then he kissed me on the forehead. He was so sweet. Jack interrupted our moment, as he walked in.

"I just got off the phone with your parents." Jack said walking around my bed, sitting on the couch.

"What? Why?" I asked him.

"They need to know that their daughter is in the hospital." Jack said.

I waited a few moments to speak, but before I could Zach spoke up.

"Do your parents even know about you being sick?" Zach asked.

I looked at him, and then at Jack. Jack just looked at me with a confused look on his face. They don't know, they never will either.